Which reel?

mouroulis

Hello everyone.

I start the fishing in fresh water last months,

I need to buy a reel for float fishing.

My budget is £40, what u think about the Drennan Series7 rd 30 or Shakespeare mach3 xt rd35?

If someone have any idea please share with me

Thanks

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Mach 3 XT but the front drag model, a reel that I rate very highly. I do prefer front drag as I consider the drag system to be more efficient than rear drag. A well made and well thought out reel, five star in my opinion.

I have a Mach 3 XT but the front drag model, a reel that I rate very highly. I do prefer front drag as I consider the drag system to be more efficient than rear drag. A well made and well thought out reel, five star in my opinion.

Same as above but rear drag great reel

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Carptek acs 3000 fd.

Bought one not so long ago and love it. Really smooth good line lay has a handy line clip auto release comes wih two shallow spools and a single and double handle.

Loaded with greys g-tech super mainline it cast brilliantly and looks rather sexy all black with black line and its red spool accent. Cant wait to get out with it again this year

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I currently use a Drennan FD4000 it comes with 3 different capacity spools. Both the FD4000 and the slightly smaller capacity FD3000 are excellent reels for float fishing.

NB: When I visited my local tackle shop the other day I noticed that the new Greys reel looked identical to the Drennan FD4000 reel only with slightly different decals plus I think the Greys reel only comes with 2 spools.

I think You can buy the Drennan FD3000 and FD4000 reels for around £45-ish.

Whatever reel you finally decide to get; tight lines

Keith (BoldBear)

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Sensors good no doubt about it, Peter but its budget stuff. There are nicer lines out there for float fishing with and you dont need to spend a lot of money on it. £3 for 300m of that g-tech stuff and its plenty strong, wouldn't use it for hook lengths though, id use maxima chameleon for them.

I like sensor for method feeder etc.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Sensors good no doubt about it, Peter but its budget stuff. There are nicer lines out there for float fishing with and you dont need to spend a lot of money on it. £3 for 300m of that g-tech stuff and its plenty strong, wouldn't use it for hook lengths though, id use maxima chameleon for them.

I like sensor for method feeder etc.

Thanks mate

I have to look in local shop if have it