Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Went out on a photoshoot yesterday hoping for a shot for the current comp.The Ark Royal was returning to her home river to celebrate her 30th birthday.I just had to go along to see her enter the Tyne.

The conditions were absolutely horrendous.I was stood on the top of a hill and it was blowing a hoolie.Could not use the tripod as it was blowing over,even with a weighted bag suspended below it :o The sky was that grey it just merged in with the sea :o

Just taking a hand held job was difficult due to the buffeting wind.

Right thats all the excuses out of the way :rolleyes: here is the best of a really bad bunch!!!

1-67.jpg

2-56.jpg

3-50.jpg

4-45.jpg

It was still nice to get out though.Will try and get some better shots of her leaving the Tyne.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

What an impressive ship, Snatcher. I need to visit this thread more often, there are so many excellent photos on display. I haven't any of my own to share today, however, allow me to share this link to a photos from my state. I particularly like Miners Castle on Lake Superior.

HERE

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Thanks for that Severus.Some awesome shots on there.Got to agree with you those "fall" colours are fantastic.I also like the sunrise one over the lake.

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Old photo, but depicting today's weather, it's just started to snow in leafy Surrey...nice big fluffy Christmas card flakes too!

original.jpg

Geoff

Some really great shots there Snatcher, with shots like that in bad weather it isn't hard to imagine how they would have been in good weather. :camera:

Those photos have made me very homesick for the years and years I lived in "Shields" I well remember seeing the Ark Royal when she first sailed from the Tyne.

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

Some really great shots there Snatcher, with shots like that in bad weather it isn't hard to imagine how they would have been in good weather. :camera:

Those photos have made me very homesick for the years and years I lived in "Shields" I well remember seeing the Ark Royal when she first sailed from the Tyne.

Angly and DelJ pleased you like the pictures.Why not pop in here more often and have a bash at the monthly photo comp?Its only a friendly comp with no prizes. It does help to improve your photography though. I am always looking for that perfect shot now :rolleyes: Does such a thing exist??? :sun: :sun: :sun:

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Snatcher I did try to enter, but despite being (I thought) pretty PC/Web literate, I couldn't format my post to look like everyone else's. By far the hardest challenge I've tried to enter...so I gave up! Is there some simple trick I'm missing?

Geoff

Snatcher I for one pop in at least twice a day but have hardly had a chance to get out withe camera for quite some time. :schmoll:

Just hoping the weather will improve a bit and do the old arthritis a bit of good so I can dust off the camera. :camera:

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

Snatcher I did try to enter, but despite being (I thought) pretty PC/Web literate, I couldn't format my post to look like everyone else's. By far the hardest challenge I've tried to enter...so I gave up! Is there some simple trick I'm missing?

So what could you not do? I use Photobucket to host my photos.Let us know the problem mate :thumbs:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair