Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

These are my Wife's Birthday flowers.

Birthdaybunch1217.jpg

Birthdaybunch1221.jpg

I hope you like them.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

And thats my beer can ;) Great photos,way to go Janet :thumbs: Just got back home from Drummore yesterday.Just here till Monday and then we are off to Flookburgh in Cumbria on Monday.Staying there till Friday and then its off to Drummore for all of May.This retirement thing really sucks :rolleyes:

Here are a couple of shots I took over in Drummore

1-97.jpg

1-98.jpg

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

When we over at our caravan the wife and I do a lot of walking.Took these pictures on one of our walks.Check out the mutant cattle :D

1-100.jpg

There are quite a lot of deer on the Mull of Galloway,we got to within about 50 yds of this one before it scarpered

2-81.jpg

3-67.jpg

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends. I saw the first hummingbird of the season today at my feeder here in Michigan, USA. Then this pair of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks showed up for a bite of suet. She looked a bit worn-out I believe from a long migration from the tropics and spent a long while dining.

I hope they hang around. They have a great song much like an American Robin's but much better - you may hear their song here. Great to see them once again.

GrosbeaksAv.jpg

Edited by severus

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Nice work Severus,good photo. We have just returned from our holiday caravan for a couple of days so am now playing catch up as my Internet connectivity in Drummore is limited. We had a a few days down in Flookburgh (South Cumbria) Here are a few shots from the surrounding area.First off I think you may recognise this couple I spied at Ulverston.Without cheating and doing a Google search does anyone know the dogs name?? Its certainly not a common one !!!!!

9-37.jpg

Next up here are a couple of shots from Levens Hall.The topiary gardens were started in 1695.When we arrived it started bucketing down which made photography rather difficult

1-103.jpg

2-83.jpg

3-68.jpg

Then it was onto Brantwood House on the banks of Conniston Water.It was the house that eminent Victorian John Ruskin.Here are some photos I took around the estate.

4-61.jpg

5-59.jpg

6-56.jpg

7-50.jpg

8-39.jpg

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Great shots, Snatcher, especially the ones of the gardens. Very interesting. I haven't the foggiest idea what the dog's name is.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Great shots, Snatcher, especially the ones of the gardens. Very interesting. I haven't the foggiest idea what the dog's name is.

Will post it up tomorrow :rolleyes:

John

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair