Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Love the newt Ron! We were only discussing the other day how none of us had seen one for years. I used to spend hours as a child watching them. Unfortunately the farm ponds where I used to see them are long gone...

We really need an invasion of Great Crested Newts or some other protected species in my lovely club lake, otherwise it is likely to be bulldozed to make room for an access road for a new development in the near future.

Janet

Love the newt Ron! We were only discussing the other day how none of us had seen one for years. I used to spend hours as a child watching them. Unfortunately the farm ponds where I used to see them are long gone...

We really need an invasion of Great Crested Newts or some other protected species in my lovely club lake, otherwise it is likely to be bulldozed to make room for an access road for a new development in the near future.

Janet

I'll have to see if I can get the camera back out into the garden on Sun, and hoepfully catch them a bit better in the sunlight. They have an amazing array of different skin patterns. Some look like leopard markings or ocelots. Hard to describe but they look very impressive.

Rob.

Probably a Brown Trout, it was all of 40mm long, in a tiny stream in the New Forest.

IMG_8224-c-r-BTroutQ_f.jpg

Great shot ayjay, what lens where you using for that.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Great shot ayjay, what lens where you using for that.

Cheers Fred

Thanks Fred, Sigma 135 - 400 - on a tripod - no filters.

I was looking for one of these:-

Golden-ringed Dragonfly

IMG_8198-c-r-f.jpg

Edited by ayjay