Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

flowerlilly.jpg

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Rob,

After only saying the other night that I hadn't seen a new for years (over 30 to be precise!), we found two on our lake yesterday!

NEWT2.jpg

NEWT4.jpg

NEWT1.jpg

NEWT3.jpg

Well, perhaps not quite ON our lake...they were discovered in the back of a van belonging to a landscape gardener!

Janet

Rob,

After only saying the other night that I hadn't seen a new for years (over 30 to be precise!), we found two on our lake yesterday!

Well, perhaps not quite ON our lake...they were discovered in the back of a van belonging to a landscape gardener!

Janet

They look phenomenally small (in someones hand) and mine really don't like being out of water at all, they kind of squirm around a lot and make a weird and surprisingly loud noise, perhaps to make any predators drop them (?).

Rob.

Yes, they were small - the largest being approximately about four inches long. They were found in the back of a van, and released near the water, but showed no signs of wanting to go in for a swim! I was amazed at how fast they could move.

After doing a bit of Googling, it seems that they spend most of their time on dry land, which rather surprised me, as I'd always connected them with water. Just shows how little I know!

Whatever, it was an absolute pleasure to see some again after all this time, and I hope they take up residence.

Janet

Really love that owl shot :) Back home in Whitley Bay for 12 days so will try and play a bit catch-up if I can as my Internet time over in Drummore,Mull of Galloway is limited. I am sure I will be able to find a shot or three to stick up on here. Have I missed much during my last 6 week stint away?

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Really love that owl shot :) Back home in Whitley Bay for 12 days so will try and play a bit catch-up if I can as my Internet time over in Drummore,Mull of Galloway is limited. I am sure I will be able to find a shot or three to stick up on here. Have I missed much during my last 6 week stint away?

John

Nope it has been very quiet while you have been away, though I expect that will all change now you are back. :P:D

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

I will take that as a compliment then !! :roll1::roll1:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy