Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

I don't see any Sandpipers there, front left is a Black tailed godwit, centre is a Black headed gull, and on the right is a bit less clear but the most likely candidate is Redshank.

Common Sandpiper will have a clear white *hook* on the shoulder.

Well I was close, they're all in the same family :unsure:

On closer inspection though the beaks are noticeably different.

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the grandbairns to Saltwell Park in Gateshead tonight for the "Enchanted Parks" night. Well the idea is great in theory but the light pollution really did spoil it to quite an extent - purely from a photographers point of view. Although the lads did not seem overawed either.

Here are the only half decent shots I managed.

IMG_3576REDUCED.jpg

IMG_3586REDUCED.jpg

What you reckon team??? The second shot could have been great if only the one couple had been lit up with a dark background !!!

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Took the grandbairns to Saltwell Park in Gateshead tonight for the "Enchanted Parks" night. Well the idea is great in theory but the light pollution really did spoil it to quite an extent - purely from a photographers point of view. Although the lads did not seem overawed either.

Here are the only half decent shots I managed.

What you reckon team??? The second shot could have been great if only the one couple had been lit up with a dark background !!!

John

Yep, have a play on photoshop and see what you can recover from it - you might be able to get a decent result.

Rob.

Like it Chippy. Not sure if my camera will be out much over the Xmas hols. Got my daughter coming over from oz to see us and also got a few parties/beer sessions lined up :D

Can probably post up loads of "drunk people" shots !!!!! :bigemo_harabe_net-163::drunk: Now thats an idea,an AN phototographers - and what did you get up to at Xmas thread. What you reckon team ? Not looking for great photography,just plenty of festive cheer on show.

I know that I will be a conrtibutor :rolleyes:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Lovely detail in the Plumage Paul, not that I know much about birdie photography..but I feel a touch more dof was needed here...just my humble opinion of course.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Possibly, but there's a fairly messy background, which even at F4 is still a little distracting. The light was also really low, so didn't really have much of an option of stopping down a little without having to push the ISO up and I think this one was already at ISO800.

Will defintaly be out this weekend though, snow permitting! Going to some of the local ponds and marshes, more as a recce than anything, but hopefully there'll be somethign about to "shoot" ;)

Thats looking real good for an ISO800 shot, I didn't know that as exif is not present on the photo. Either way...its still a good shot.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet