Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

It be Windermere..:D

Steve...:)

It's not, but your in the right end of the park.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I suspect its Coniston then...its not Rydal or Grassmere...and it looks too large to be Esthwaite or Elter..I'll stick with Coniston, I've not been there for years ...I find it difficult to get too as I would have to travel past the likes of Buttermere, Crummock, Derwentwater, Thirlmere, Ullswater, Brothers etc etc...so little time...so much to see..:D

Where about in Cumbria are you?

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I suspect its Coniston then...its not Rydal or Grassmere...and it looks too large to be Esthwaite or Elter..I'll stick with Coniston, I've not been there for years ...I find it difficult to get too as I would have to travel past the likes of Buttermere, Crummock, Derwentwater, Thirlmere, Ullswater, Brothers etc etc...so little time...so much to see..:D

Where about in Cumbria are you?

It is Esthwaite taken on the 6th February this year, large parts of it were frozen over, we did an icebreaker job in order to get around to where we wanted.

Cockermouth too!

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Forgetting Number three i think the rest are outstanding.

My favourite by a gnats willy is number four.

I like the way the hills and reflection lead your eye from the stoney bottom in the foreground up to the far end of the lake or whatever it is

well done

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Forgetting Number three i think the rest are outstanding.

My favourite by a gnats willy is number four.

I like the way the hills and reflection lead your eye from the stoney bottom in the foreground up to the far end of the lake or whatever it is

well done

Cheers Fred

Cheers Fred. These were all taken in Scotland, along the Great Glen Way and the water is Loch Lochy. In the first pic the mountains are in the Nevis range, and the tallest of the group is Ben Nevis itself.

I'll need to do some more research to work out what all the other 'peaky bits' are called ;)

Rob.

P.S. I think my fav is no. 1, it looks even more 'impressive' with all it's megapixels unaltered in RAW or jpg

Edited by RobStubbs

Nice one Rob,no 4 has it for me as well :)

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy