Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959
Give that man a coconut

Yes a spoonbill in fact we had a load of them this was the most interesting as it is a ringed bird.

Spoonbill?

Rubbish, it's a duckbilled platypuss. :) :)

I have a stuffed spoonbill duck, didn't realise the drake was so colourfull. :D

Guest Finepix
Give that man a coconut

Yes a spoonbill in fact we had a load of them this was the most interesting as it is a ringed bird.

Have you got an image with a better angle? I'm not doubting you, I just want a better view of the bill :)

Not managed to get on AN for a few days, so there's a few piccies I'd like to comment on.

Gillies - Stunning series of beach shots, All terrific but No.1 is my fave, a combination of the effect on the water running over that lovely white sand, the incredible clouds & that rock in foreground all adds up to a very well composed shot.

Medwaygreen, whereabouts in France was that taken, judging by the boats in the background it's somewhere with a decent marina, Cannes maybe? Makes me long for my hols in France later this year.

Blue Marlin, any idea what that critter is you've posted?

Ollie Jay, can you lend me twenty quid? :sneaky2:

Bikerian - the swan shots are all excellent, the 1st is my fave, but have you cropped a bit of it's head off, or is it out of the camera like that? If it's the latter I did the same with the breast of the one in my avatar. :(

Finepix - I'm with tony & reckon Spoonbill.

Julia

Here is a picture of the spoonbill and his mates out for a stroll, the bird at the back is out of focus I was using shutter priority, so I did not post this shot.

Spoonbillswalking.jpg

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Great, thanks Tony

They're amazing! Is this place some kind of nature reserve??

Julia

Julia

This is a salinas (salt pan) on the East Bank of the Guadalquivir on the Coto Donana, Andalucia one of the biggest wetlands and Nature reserves in Europe.

I was guiding a trip there at the weekend, unfortunately I had to spend most of my time using my scope and binoculars bird spotting so I had few opportunities to use the camera.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.