Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

My daughter on a cold bank holiday evening!!!

Saltburn beach was not the place for sunworshippers yesterday, it was bl***y freezing.

picasabackground3xs.jpg

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

How is the fishing from that pier?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Taken from the RHIB boat last week Ramsay island ..Pembrokeshire

OffRamsayIsland.jpg

Porthgain

seaport.jpg

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

How is the fishing from that pier?

Not good at the moment Newt, but in January (by 'eck it's seriously cold then!) my son & I fished it with 1.5oz leads, 11lb line, size 2 hooks & 2lb tc Carp rods. We had fantastic sport with Whiting up to a 1.5lb & the occasional Cod to 2.5lb.

I appreciate that might not sound much, but on Carp gear they really do fight outside their weight & the bites are ferocious :cc_surrender:

Peter.

Judy, love the archway shot, the sea colours excellent & there's a real powerful feel to the current showing why there's an arch there!

Top photo.

Peter.

Judy, love the archway shot, the sea colours excellent & there's a real powerful feel to the current showing why there's an arch there!

Top photo.

Dam and double dam.....shot myself in the foot then...thast was my first entry into the water comp...but changed it!!!!!!! :sun:

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Guest CJS2
Dam and double dam.....shot myself in the foot then...thast was my first entry into the water comp...but changed it!!!!!!! :sun:

Alway go with the first 'gutt feeling', thats a goodie! :headhurt:

Cliff

Have to agree with Cliff, I prefer the archway shot to the two Judy entered, plus one that Mr Wiggly removed from the last comp I liked more than what he entered and if anyone recalls Steves 'dog with a bottle' that he removed, it was in my Top 3 (altho I was struggling with it because it was a posed shot and I asked for non posed shots). Not much more beautiful tho than flowing streams or angry oceans, I love the way the water is churning up in Judys pic.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Some more beauts added.

n4lly, I was hoping to get a shot like that for the water challenge, but conditions up here never got bad enough to allow it.

Frantic - it maybe just my monitor, but I think your two harbour shots would benefit from a bit of Shadow/Highlight tweaking in photoshop (something Steve Randles introduced me to & I'm now a big fan of).

Peter mc - cracking silhouette shot, it certainly conveys that it's freezing. I hope you treated your daughter to a coffee to warm her up after posing for you.

Judy, you visit some terrific locations, I love the harbour shot.

Bobj, you got the parakeet in a great pose, but I notice you were shooting at 1/30th sec shutter speed, you're going to need a very steady hand AND a very still bird to get sharp results at that shutter speed.

Right - off to work, have a nice day all.