Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

CJ, a quick question and then I am off fishing....did you leave the camera setup for a while before taking that shot@

I ask because I checked my camera for white balance and took three shots at different settins..Auto/ synny/ and cloudy. The auto was good (no yellow) and the Sunny was also good, cloudy was a bit "blue"

Maybe the sun is getting more yellow sometimes.

You do seem to have an awful lot of gren/yellow in the weed and trees, and I reckon that is what the camera is catching. Same as my pond

Den (Back later :) )

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Continuing on the yellow cast theam?

Rivno2.jpg

Those barbel have just gon into double figures, lol. Colour cast seems to to be an on going problem, any thoughts?

CJS2 :ph34r:

I knew it would never be a particularly good shot technically CJ, it was taken through a pair of cheap polaroid sunglasses, - as you can see in this one. :o

img28302xrei0.jpg

CJ, a quick question and then I am off fishing....did you leave the camera setup for a while before taking that shot@

I ask because I checked my camera for white balance and took three shots at different settins..Auto/ synny/ and cloudy. The auto was good (no yellow) and the Sunny was also good, cloudy was a bit "blue"

Maybe the sun is getting more yellow sometimes.

You do seem to have an awful lot of gren/yellow in the weed and trees, and I reckon that is what the camera is catching. Same as my pond

Den (Back later :) )

Den, 'Ayjay' took the photo mate, same as your birdie pic it has great presence. I just see the yellow cast as something that can be fixed simply in PS? Why put up with it if you dont have to, dont change my liking for the pic.

I seem to remember back in the good old days of film. A magazine I regularly contributed to supplied all the film of the same type. At least all the problems on colour balance was the same at processing, how they got round different abilities, equipment (lenses), camera settings, lighting etc. I have no idea, but that was what they said, "work for us as a regular contributor, we insist you use this type of film" as they handed over 20 rolls x 36 ASA200 at a time! Always had 20 rolls in the fridge at any one time.

Just out of interest, this is how PS Elements revamped the shot when I first put it in, I felt that it was fairly true to what one would see looking over a bridge, but what I actually posted was a tad lighter to bring a little more detain out of the weed under the water. Making the trees a little yellow. Interesting, simple light/dark changes, that I would suggest are within the rules of our Comp. (comment Steve?)

river.jpg

Any one else got a more informed two peneth to ad?

Cliff, :ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

I knew it would never be a particularly good shot technically CJ, it was taken through a pair of cheap polaroid sunglasses, - as you can see in this one. :o

Thats interesting, poloriod sunglasses, why have I not thought of that, :rolleyes::lol:

Sorry mate, I'm not running your shot down, far from it, just trying to stimulate thought, which it has done I think? Your poloroids, that priceless :yeah::lol:

Cliff, CJS2 :ph34r:

OK, I've now worked out that Den was talking to me, (I think). :unsure:

It took me about half an hour altogether to get the pic , the sun was popping in and out behind clouds very quickly all afternoon, and I did need the sun to be out, I was mostly trying to fish rather than take pics. Not sure if that helps, but the Exif data might.

Does the *vivid* setting make a difference in this respect?

Canon PowerShot A95

Shooting Date/Time

8/1/06 3:39:44 PM

Shooting Mode

Aperture-Priority AE

Photo Effect Mode

Vivid

Tv( Shutter Speed )

1/30

Av( Aperture Value )

Metering Mode

Evaluative

Exposure Compensation

ISO Speed

Lens

7.8 - 23.4mm

Focal Length

7.8mm

Digital Zoom

None

Image Size

2048x1536

Image Quality

Superfine

Flash

Off

White Balance

Daylight

AF Mode

Single AF

Sorry mate, I'm not running your shot down, far from it, just trying to stimulate thought, which it has done I think? Your poloroids, that priceless :yeah::lol:

Cliff, CJS2 :ph34r:

It never crossed my mind that you were Cliff. :)

Quote:

It never crossed my mind that you were Cliff.

I'm pleased about that. Wish I was sitting on the bank of that river beside you, That the sort of sight that would get me away from the sea for a while . . . :huh: Did I say that? :P Flowing water, cool summer evening. Troting a float between the weed or ledger if I have to ;):D

Cliff

A bit unseasonal but it will soon be that time of year.

Valmeinier, Savoie

dscf0025.jpg

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Finepix

Some great shots. The sky shots are great and I really like the turnstiles.

One tip, your white balance is off and the images have a blue hue about them.

Here I've just altered the colour balance so you can see what I mean ...

norfolkzh5.jpg

Julia :)