Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Any one got any images of old Churches please.

I find them a facinating building take shots of. Inside or out.

When we go on holiday i always seem to look for any old Churches

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Guest Jaybee
They are awesome Rabster, and I like the fact that you managed to squeeze them into your lunchtime, the shots that is. Quick trip, excellent shots....priceless!!

Steve...:)

Rabster is the only man I know who can spot a barn owl sitting on a fence post three fields away while driving at 70mph. :) :)

Don't anyone be fooled by his need sometimes to knock his own images - Rabster is one seriously good photographer.

Edited by Jaybee

4d51ab39.jpg

ba54bbaf.jpg

the chapel of St. James the Less, Midhope, or the Chapel of the village community of Midhope-in-Waldershelf. The lowly potters met here to worship therein. This Chapel (the second) was built in the 14th century by one of the Barnbys, the Lords of the Manor. The fabric is of great age, and the restoration effected in 1705, by the third Godfrey Bosville, not only rescued it from absolute ruin, but happily, conserved much of its ancient character.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

The Sixth smallest Church in England, St James in Chelborough Dorset.

dscn0936bg5.jpg

See here too: http://www.dorsethistoricchurchestrust.co....chelborough.htm Twas where I grew up, there's a little stream at the back that used to have decent brown trout in it!

Dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

What lovely town Whitstable is.

whitstable.jpg

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Judy, what a fabulous old church, although the bell tower looks to be at a very precarious angle :huh: , I hope it doesn't get too windy around there.

Dans church is very quaint, although it looks almost overgrown around it. I've just checked out your link Dan, 38ft x 15ft, :blink: , that is one small church.

Andrew, I have most of the church shots that have been posted on this thread and others. If no-one minds, to save you going through all 43 pages, which took me 8 hours, I can repost them here for you or email them to you.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Guest franticfisherman2

before you ask, this is not the missis - detail from the doorway of St.Bartholomews Church at Newbiggin

webnewbigginlar002wz8.jpg

this is an eroded sandstone headstone;

webnewbiggin004pe8.jpg

Feeling a little under the weather today, took the day off for some fresh air and good company(my wife), took this view over Sheffield

Sheffield.jpg

Thought it maybe from an angle you hadn't seen before.

I also took this one of Robin Hoods cave at Stanage edge in Derbyshire, I was intending to enter it into the current challenge for bridges, but wasn't sure it would be allowed

RobinHoodscaveStanageEdge.jpg

It was taken at the extreme end of my biggest lens, cos I didn't feel like walking the hill to get closer, lazy I know but I'm a bit rough at moment.

Edited by Cameraman
If all else fails, follow the intructions.