Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Feeling a little under the weather today, took the day off for some fresh air and good company(my wife), took this view over Sheffield

Thought it maybe from an angle you hadn't seen before.

Nice shots Cammy! :thumbs: Looks like your day was way more enjoyable than going to work. I think the only angle I've seen Sheffield from before is from driving on some elevated motorway through the place? Donkeys years ago though so I could be mistaken.

As for Robin Hood, he got about a bit didn't he, theres a Robin Hood's cave/rock/wood etc everywhere you go, plus these days there are more & more of his merry men. :huh:

Someone asked for Church photos, I walked past this one today alongside the canal bank, could've done with a bit of sunshine to light it up, but otherwise I thought what a nice location for a church, also, if you walk 100 yards down the bank t'other way there's a terrific view from under the canal bridge.

glasson_0709a.jpg

glasson_0709d.jpg

Edited by rabster

Yesterday saw our annual Battle of Britain display, which is never complete without The Arrows.

33oh72e.jpg

Photo Gallery

If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.

Sunrise Caper

Sunrise Venus

Sky Blue Prowler 15

I know the quality not that good, but i love this photo.

JanRHS.jpg

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Went for a walk by Wingham today..

"Get orf you mad cow"

Getoffyoumadcow.jpg

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I take it you bought the big one then?

Sure did ... Decided to splash out with some of my retirement funds.

The lens is an absolute cracker. The difference in image quality is amazing !! Just needed a minimum of tweaking in PSP. :headhurt::headhurt:

The Grebe was about 70 yds away, and was taken with a hand-held shot at full range .. 350mm.

What do you think ?? :P:P

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Nice pics Wiggly one, that Grebe is a Goosander btw.

Bang on Ajay ....

Never heard of a gooseander before ... let alone seen one !! :o:o

Had all the signs of a young grebe to me, but just Googled "Gooseander" and there it is.

I have been visiting this particular stretch of river for the last 50 years, and this is the first Gooseander I have seen. There were two of them knocking about, but no sign of the parents.

We live and learn ...... :):)

GoosanderFenaleHead_AAs.jpgGoosandermalefemale_A_filtereds.jpg

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Sure did ... Decided to splash out with some of my retirement funds.

The lens is an absolute cracker. The difference in image quality is amazing !! Just needed a minimum of tweaking in PSP. :headhurt::headhurt:

The Grebe was about 70 yds away, and was taken with a hand-held shot at full range .. 350mm.

What do you think ?? :P:P

I think you've made a good investment, the quality is excellant and especially for the range. :yeah:

If all else fails, follow the intructions.