Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Why on earth would we mind Slodger, great shots all & in particular that blue Tit is a corker, but if you don't mind me saying so it is perhaps a little flat. Still a great photo nonetheless. :thumbs:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Guest franticfisherman2

My Easter contribution - the Easter Egg Run where the bikers of the North East (and from far and near) deliver Easter eggs to children's homes, old folk's homes etc. around south-east Northumberland. These pix were taken in Bedlington;

webeaster025vj7.jpg

webeaster013jq0.jpg

webeaster009dj8.jpg

Thanks for that Peter, it's only a subtle change, but it definitely lifts the picture a little.

The Hen Harrier was quite unusual for my part of the South Fens. As far as I'm aware we can normally only expect to see them down here in the winter months. There was a Marsh Harrier in virtually the same bit of sky too. Also saw a pair of Buzzards a little later in the day. The raptors have become massively more prolific around here in the last couple of decades.

I'm out again later today. I'd like to get some better quality shots of the Grebes and maybe tog a Kingfisher if I get liucky.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

BTW I've just loaded Ravel's Bolero onto my MP3 player. I reckon it'll lend itself nicely to the Grebe's courtship dance. Anyone else use music to inspire their picture taking?

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Nice shots of the Easter Egg run FF .... :thumbs::thumbs:

Brings back memories ... Been on a few of those myself !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

My day didn't pan out as expected. There was no sign of the grebes or a kingfisher on the pit I'd earmarked. The best I could manage was this near miss of a Green Woodpecker. I just couldn't find an angle to avoid the twigs surrounding it. I'm quite gutted as it would have made a nice picture otherwise.

GreenWoodpecker.jpg

Let's see you sort this one out then Peter. :D

Edited by slodger

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'