Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Sorry Slodger, I've just proved to myself & everyone else I'm pretty c**p at cloning!!!!! :(:(

greenwoodpeckerlp7.jpg

Edited by peter mccue

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Had a little twiddle Ajay ...

Hope you don't mind.

Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't mind at all, but I prefer my version.

I does make me wonder if there is a difference in how peoples monitors display colour.

Going to start another topic based on that (and this pic).

A couple more from this morning. Finding a bird which is perching in a suitable place to photograph is even more difficult than I'd imagined. Still no kingfisher.

LongTailedTit.jpg

CockGoldfinch.jpg

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Finding a bird which is perching in a suitable place to photograph is even more difficult than I'd imagined.

......and digiscoping is at least twice as hard: welcome to my nightmare. :headhurt:

You seem to be doing OK Chris.

......and digiscoping is at least twice as hard: welcome to my nightmare. :headhurt:

You seem to be doing OK Chris.

I've had a little dabble at nature photography in the past Ayjay, but I've just recently started to get quite taken with it. Nothing ever seems to go exactly to plan though. I watched a Great Tit wrench a great big gobful of moss from my garden a couple of mornings back, so spent most of half a day with the camera pointed to the same patch of grass waiting for it to return. After three or four hours, and just as I was about to give up, a sparrow landed instead and turned slightly away from me as it stood up with a beakful of moss. A nice-ish picture I guess, but just that bit short of being a cracker. Story of my photography life so far. None-the-less I love the trying. It's amazing how many parrallels you can draw with fishing too. I'm even currently involved in a heavy prebaiting campaign

with peanuts

.....only it's for badgers. :D

Nestingsparrow.jpg

Edited by slodger

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Not sure who is the most nervous :)

JackandtheGoose.jpg

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest franticfisherman2

We all had to start somewhere keegy - keep going it's good fun and it keeps you off the streets........

The bird pix are GREAT - keep 'em coming folks

I was in the right place at the right time today to see the pipeline coming ashore at Newbiggin. It will be used to pump sand ashore to replenish the beach which has slowly but surely disappeared over the past few years. A new breakwater will be built to keep it in place (They hope!) You can see Newbibbin Church on the point in the background, when the church was built it was about a mile inland!................

webbhmon039jl0.jpg

Edited by franticfisherman2