Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

That would be a good pic with any camera Judy, for a phone camera I'd say it's excellent.

:D Okay I'll see you with a Treecreeper.

I've got a pair of Wood pigeons and a Green plover. :)

I'd be interested to know what equipment you're using Chris, I'm still thinking about getting a DSLR for bird pics and yours are as good as anything I've seen in the Birdforum gallery, those Linnet pics are superb.

IMG_1374C_filtered.jpg

IMG_1576C_F.jpg

That would be a good pic with any camera Judy, for a phone camera I'd say it's excellent.

I've got a pair of Wood pigeons and a Green plover. :)

I'd be interested to know what equipment you're using Chris, I'm still thinking about getting a DSLR for bird pics and yours are as good as anything I've seen in the Birdforum gallery, those Linnet pics are superb.

IMG_1374C_filtered.jpg

IMG_1576C_F.jpg

Thanks Ayjay, I consider that high praise considering the standard of your pictures. The variety of unusual birds you've put up is impressive indeed.

I'm using a Nikon D200 with a Sigma APO 50-500mm (4.5/6.3) zoom lens and a 4 gig memory card. I took a long while before relenting on the digital front, I made the mistake of spending a small fortune on a Nikon film set-up only a couple of years back. Sadly that kit (F100) is consigned to the spare kit cupboard.

There is little doubt that digi cameras have opened up the hobby to a much bigger number of people, and their various advantages speak for themselves, but in terms of wildlife photography they are nothing short of revolutionary. Just the fact that I can shoot 300 plus files and delete the 290 that are less than perfect, without costing an extra penny and immediately free up the entire space on the memory card and shoot them all over again is invaluable. Prior to biting the buillet and buying a digi SLR the cost of slide film and lab costs was extremely prohibitive for me. I'd reccomend you consider a decent Digi, I'm certain you wouldn't be disappointed.

That's a cracking flower shot Nurse Judy. :)

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

biking with kids today past this and had to stop

IMG_5411.jpg

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Had a nice afternoon in the garden with the camera, managed to get a reasonable shot of one of our Collared doves.

dsc0020filteredeh5.jpg

My ghostie on the munch again, he takes some keeping fed!!

dsc0021me8.jpg

To quick for me, he had the floater & was gone.

dsc0023hf9.jpg

My pond guard, nothing four legged gets anywhere near the fish when he's on duty.

dsc00081vy1.jpg

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.