Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

I honestly don't know Wiggly, if anyone could enlighten me, it would be much appreciated.

Those shots were taken in France by the way, just got back from a weeks fishing there.

Dan

Dan great shots,is it a grass snake? Must be adders are not too keen I believe!Whilst on the subject nearly got"bitten" by one years ago.Just got a bit too close on a fishing sortie. :headhurt:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Definately a Grass Snake natrix natrix the yelow collar behind the head is a giveaway, if you get a closer look at the eye, Grass Snakes always have round pupils Adders have a vertical slit.

Tony

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Superb brace of Carp Dan, bet you were chuffed with them :thumbs:

What a miserable day here in Smoggyland (Cleveland for everybody outside the N.E)

Or it was till I noticed some activity on the birdtable, well intermittent rain or not I decided to have a go. There wasn't a lot to have a go at, but apart from missing a cracking pose from a goldfinch I was quite pleased with the results.

This young Starling (I think) was enjoying a bath in my pond during a lull in the rain, no it didn't make any sense to me either, but when he came to take off he really struggled & practically fell onto the birdtable, I think his demeanor says it all.

dsc00051filteredwo6.jpg

Greenfinch were flitting in & out, but light levels were so low I struggled to get a sharp image, this was one apart from the mound of rubbish shots that was getting bigger!

dsc0016filtered1np8.jpg

I find it difficult to get a shot of collared doves that doesn't look bland, so I tried a head shot instead, still looks bland though.

dsc00282kg7.jpg

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

My god they are fantastic shots ! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

My god they are fantastic shots ! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Why thank you Mr Snatcher sir thats very nice of you, a fair bit of playing about in PS was needed though It was so dull at times I struggled to get down to ISO 400!

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Some great pictures. Keep up the good work :D

Was in the greenhouse and noticed this fella having a party on his own lol. The nectar really hit him hard and at present is busy recovering from his ordeal. The plant just incase anyone asks was an sarracenia leuco x alata

BeeOnSarracenia.jpg

BeeOnSarracenia2.jpg

BeeOnSarracenia3.jpg

BeeOnSarracenia4.jpg

BeeOnSarracenia5.jpg

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg