Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Hmm, I know its not the CC thread but this one still looks like its got lots of noise Mr W AND, the horizon is way way crooked. Oh, it looks a little over sharp too. BUT, other than that it looks like a great spot to shoot. I'd love to see more.

HB.

rb_getcreative.gif

Hi HB ..

Thanks for the Heads-Up !! I know the horizon is wonky .. it was a quick hand-held shot in a howling wind !! :rolleyes:

You have just confirmed what I have been suspecting !!

For the past few weeks I have been struggling with the output quality on my old 20D. Despite playing with image quality settings and various other things, it has steadily got worse !! Camera is also flashing "Error 99".. which is the focus lock on its way out.

I have been in touch with Canon, and they say the image sensor is going down .. and have given an estimate of £300 to replace it !! And further work may be needed !! :blink::blink: No thank you !! :angry:

This is a shot taken a few weeks ago with the same camera, and the difference in quality is obvious.

SECs.jpg

So it looks like my trusty old 20D will be confined to the scrap heap. :(

Got my eyes on the new 40D .... If my missus will lend me the money !! ;)

Wiggly. :rolleyes:

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Nice shot Judy, if you don't mind me suggesting it, try standing back a bit, and then zoom in.

My shot of the day.......It is a Pale Tussock Moth.....

Dougal.jpg

Went for a wander..............

Dougal3.jpg

Dougal2.jpg

Last two shots are still frames from a video.

I don't know where thse creatures are coming from :)

Last evening a young fox investigated my landing net/ UH mat and bait bucket :) :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

A wide screen shot from this evening. I was struck by the different patterns and textures.........

DSC00209.jpg

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

:) :) that damned pylon has spoilt many a good opportunity to get a good sunset.

I was just playing with new camera when I took that one, but was struck by the combination of lines and leaves and wires :) when I down loaded it to pc.

Den

Guest Shots for fun
:) :) that damned pylon has spoilt many a good opportunity to get a good sunset.

I was just playing with new camera when I took that one, but was struck by the combination of lines and leaves and wires :) when I down loaded it to pc.

Den

Hi Den,

I have had a long look again and in the context of the shot and why you liked all the differing aspects i think that in this case the pylon enhances the composition.

:thumbs:

Yeah.....like you said man.........thats what I thought :) :)

Needs to be seen full size on a widescreen TV, that really lights the sky up. I really do think it is one of the best pics I have taken for a long time :)

Den