Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Amazing!!!! Would Love to get real close ups!!!

Bradfield Church taken from Low Bradfield today

P1010399-1.jpg

Autumn Colours on the moors

P1010401.jpg

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Some amazing shots going on here at the moment. Quality. Too many for me to comment on, and that wouldn't be right on this thread. ;)

You've got to love autumn. The colours are just great.

Some backyard macro work this afternoon, armed with tripod and shutter release. I'm addicted now. I think I'll be lugging the 'pod around a bit more now. Halves the number of shots I take, but doubles up on the 'keepers'.

rottingpear.jpg

miniaturepears.jpg

lock-1.jpg

autumn.jpg

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

some great pics there, exellent stuff, we went to a family party on friday, in the morning got up early and took some pics in the garden.

waiting for the real thing came along.

sqigle2.jpg

The real thing

sqigle.jpg

Tweety

sparrow.jpg

Koi feeding

koi.jpg

Edited by Gray-Catchpole

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

"The road to the Lakes"

I pass through here....................

DSCN6046.jpg

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Visited Port Logan Fish Pond on Saturday and had a really great time there feeding the fish. Check out these mullet on the surface!!

Feedingmullet.jpg

For a full report check out the sea forum. Have just posted it up :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Well, the salmon run is peaking in Bliss Creek behind my home this week. They are now actively spawning and have carved out a huge run in the gravel for that purpose.

BlissCreeksalmon1.jpg

As you know, this is a one-way trip for these fish. Their bodies have turned dark brown as death overtakes them, and you can see white areas on tails and fins where the flesh is beginning to decay. The tail of the top fish in the lower photo is shredded from moving gravel. Most of these fish will be dead by month's end, but fresh runs will continue into November and beyond. December 17 last year I actually saw a fresh one out of Lake Michigan making a bed.

BlissCreeksalmon2.jpg

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Thanks for the pics and words Sev. It is a hard old world if you are a salmon.

I keep an eye on my local river (large stream), we get runs of seatrout and I always marvel at the how and why of being born in a river, going out to sea to grow up, and then coming back to lay eggs.

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Was over at the Mull of Galloway last weekend and took a few shots. The first 2 were taken from the top of the lighthouse ,Scotlands most southern point. On the first one you can see Luce Bay. On the second one you can see the Irish sea on the left and Luce Bay on the right. I was looking north at the time

Mull2.jpg

Mull1.jpg

This one was a "moody" shot taken from the cafe at the end of the Mull

Moody.jpg

The rest were taken in Logan Botanical Gardens.

Gardens3.jpg

Gardens2.jpg

Gardens1.jpg

It really is a nice part of the world - the main reason why I have a static caravan over there :D

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy