Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Took these on my way back from work today

Goats.jpg

LittleGuy.jpg

Beat a hasty retreat when big daddy turned up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retreat.jpg

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Saw this interesting bench made from the roots of a tree while at work today, shame that it shows a sign of tghe times when they have to chain it to a tree to prevent theft!!

IMG_0556.jpg

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Another one of my 'Traffic Warden dodging sessions'. In London this pm around Camden Lock again, no time to set the camera, just run down the tow path, hose around for a few promising shots and get back to the care before 'a TW :bleh: spots me', I got about half a dozen pics, in about 5 or 6 mins., whilst doing a poor :wacko: imitation of Roger Banister and his 4 minute mile :lol: Just made it, the TW was a few cars down booking some other poor unfortunate :whistling:

Light beginning to go, due to the out of shot, high rise yuppie flats on the waters edge. This was the one I liked, and I did stop, all of 2 seconds to frame it. I have deliberately cropped it, in such a way that there is no sky . . . it is reflected in the water . . . !? and the bridges leave the viewer wondering just a tad?? And for you birdy types, there is a pidgen 'posing it best side' in the middle of the bridge :D

'Camden Lock'

CandenlockbridgeRWRS.jpg

Its strange, but these micro minute sessions I do are fun. Its interesting to get home at night, plug the card in to the computer, I often have very little idea what I have. One relies very heavily on a crop to make an interesting shot? Looking for the crop alone is interesting. I zoom in and out, sliding the picture around within the frame until it looks right. Not for the purist perhaps, but its often, the only way I can get time to press the button. I have cheated a little with a tad of colour enhancement, the day did have a haze about it, and those yuppie pads!

Open to criticism?

:ph34r:

File size: 339040 bytes

File date: 2007:02:05 11:11:31

Camera make: Canon

Camera model: Canon PowerShot S50

Date/Time: 2007:02:05 02:36:35

Resolution: 800 x 656

Flash used: No

Focal length: 21.3mm (35mm equivalent: 277mm)

CCD width: 2.77mm

Exposure time: 0.0063 s (1/160)

Aperture: f/4.9

Exposure bias: -0.33

Whitebalance: Manual

Metering Mode: matrix

Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing

I like it Cliff, did you crop out either end of the bridge by any chance? I would have liked to have seen that in the shot if it was there. But Camden Lock is (from memory, its been a while) very photogenic. Especially with all those houseboats there. Its a pity you cant find a reasonable place to park for 10-15 mins and make the most of your time there as I know you'll come away from there with some crackers. Its quite cosmopolitan. With the bridge and lock being black and white, might be worth doing a full B&W conversion.;)

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I like it Cliff, did you crop out either end of the bridge by any chance? I would have liked to have seen that in the shot if it was there. But Camden Lock is (from memory, its been a while) very photogenic. Especially with all those houseboats there. Its a pity you cant find a reasonable place to park for 10-15 mins and make the most of your time there as I know you'll come away from there with some crackers. Its quite cosmopolitan. With the bridge and lock being black and white, might be worth doing a full B&W conversion.;)

Here you go Steve, un touched original of 'Camden Lock' other than reducing the pix count a little, have a play, any one?

CamdenLockoriginalreducedpix.jpg

I think it looks bland, 'snap shot'ish' in this form?

By the way Steve, the other reason for the crop as it is is the blue bag in the tree, on the left!!!

Cliff

Edited by CJS2

I've had a quick play.I've cropped differently and boosted the colour in the fist shot and based that boost on that I know what colour grass is..:D I think that image "pops" now, right off the page at you. I've done a quick non-technical B&W conversion and then sharpened both images, this sharpend could be lessened in higher res iamges for the same effect.

CamdonCOL.jpg

CamdonBW.jpg

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Looks good Steve, like a spring day. As you say it 'pops', I see yours and my versions like fast and slow movements in a piece of classical music, moods of the same theme? Not surprised I do the slow movement, bit dark and heavy . . . need to lighten up?

At least I kept the original this time, :mellow:

How about my version B&W on a cantrasty paper?

CandenlockbridgeBWRWRS.jpg

Cliff, :ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

It looks good Cliff, I still think it needs the end of the bridge at the right though. Might just be a personal thing for me but I hate seeing things cut off.

Focal Planet

As you say Steve, personal. The crop was deliberately meant to generate a '?' and a ' :D ' . I will make a point of going up to Camden Lock in the spring. Photo opportunities at the lock itself will be mind blowing, Camden High Street and Camden Market . . . phew. Anyone over 25 is old, wall to wall clothes covering 60's to present day. Makes me feel very old but from vantage points, people photos would be amazing.

:ph34r:

Peter, one of your birds is a Long tailed Tit, very tricky to get pics of "in the wild" as they just don't keep still long enough :) Well done :)

Cameraman, your pic of the Tree root seat, reminded of this one I took about 18 months ago...........

Swans.jpg

No one will run off with that :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic