Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

sunrisetrial6ks.jpg

Another of my sunrises, I curently use this one as my screen saver, it was taken in December 2005, as I was going to the boat for a cod fishing section. Very much the oportunist pictuer, round the corner and there it was. It comes up a little grainy as the screen saver creating a water colour type of pictuer. Its the top end of the river Orwell (Wearstead bird sanctuary) just under the Orwell bridge A14. The Sunrise got better as I approached the marina, but the back drop is not so good? Again, the Canon S50 did the job!

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

Another of my sunrises

Now that looks like my sort of location. Beautiful sunset & birds aplenty. Nice one CJ!

It's been so gloomy here over the last couple of days that I've not bothered taking the camera out of the house. :(

Instead I've been messing in photoshop with a few recent photos. This one is from a week or two ago & is of my Grandaughter having great fun chasing soap bubbles - it would seem my cameras Autofocus was also chasing the bubbles and in this shot the bubble is in focus & Granddaughter is slightly out of focus, so I've used Photoshop to 1)create a duplicate layer 2) Desaturate & 3) Used the eraser tool to bring back colour to the bubble.

I actually prefer the original, full colour piccy, but thought someone maybe interested in the method used.

Voila

moggy111.jpg

Flash used: Yes (manual)

Focal length: 70.0mm (35mm equivalent: 105mm)

Exposure time: 1/125

Aperture: f/5.6

ISO equiv.: 400

Exposure: program (auto)

**A quick edit, I note Steve has been adding basic exif data to the POTD shots, so have now added details above & will try & remember to do so for future piccies. :)

Edited by rabster

Nice one Rabster, selective colour is a great technique for making certain areas stand out in a photo. Can make some ordinary shots look the business, will have a scratch about a bit later for some examples I have done. But right now I have an appointment with some fish...

....and er um..some chips..!!..lol

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Now that looks like my sort of location. Beautiful sunset & birds aplenty. Nice one CJ!

It's been so gloomy here over the last couple of days that I've not bothered taking the camera out of the house. :(

Instead I've been messing in photoshop with a few recent photos. This one is from a week or two ago & is of my Grandaughter having great fun chasing soap bubbles - it would seem my cameras Autofocus was also chasing the bubbles and in this shot the bubble is in focus & Granddaughter is slightly out of focus, so I've used Photoshop to 1)create a duplicate layer 2) Desaturate & 3) Used the eraser tool to bring back colour to the bubble.

I actually prefer the original, full colour piccy, but thought someone maybe interested in the method used.

Voila

moggy111.jpg

Flash used: Yes (manual)

Focal length: 70.0mm (35mm equivalent: 105mm)

Exposure time: 1/125

Aperture: f/5.6

ISO equiv.: 400

Exposure: program (auto)

**A quick edit, I note Steve has been adding basic exif data to the POTD shots, so have now added details above & will try & remember to do so for future piccies. :)

That's cheating mate, :o:huh::blink::D:lol:

but when your boared . . . :lol::lol:

as you may have gather by now, I'm a bit of a purist when it suits me, that last Orwell/birds shot did have a little colour saturation added, but only a tad.

Original, untamperd shot.

sunrise2orig3ct.jpg

right or wrong?

:ph34r:

Thought I'd have a shot at the moon, I've seen a few other attempts which have all been good, so thought I'd try it, it's harder than you think, damned thing won't hold still. :)

1797crop1filtered2cm.jpg

Nice shot, John, especially for just past Full Moon when the craters are hard to see! How did you take it?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Nice shot, John, especially for just past Full Moon when the craters are hard to see!

Thank you Steve.

Is that right? I'm sure it is. I hadn't realised.

Taken through a spotting scope with a compact digital camera attached.

1/8th of a second at F8 - ISO 50, (on a tripod of course) roughly X40 on the scope and X3 optical zoom on the camera

That's an awesome photo, John.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE