Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

You down Sidmouth now then Mr Wiggly. nice one.

Nope ... Still in Cornwall.

But Sidmouth is within my stomping area !! <_<<_<

Wiggly. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I would have posted this earlier only the bus from Stansted was late????

I took this today on the west coast of Co. Mayo, Ireland at around 1.30pm as we left to head home.

Only a couple of days earlier I couldn't stand up in the wind as it came off the Atlantic. You can see the sea weed piled up on the beach.

PICT3561a.jpg

I will add another soon showing the landslide [visible on this image] on the island.

As promised

PICT3560a.jpg

Luckily no one and no property was harmed.

Surfs up

PICT3508a.jpg

This was a couple of days earlier! This was the only place I could park and not get washed away. Just along the coast there were people surfing in Storm force winds??

Colin

Edited by Colin Brett

And why not, don't think there are any rules about creating geological events in order to get a good pic.

how did you set the slide off though Colin ?

In my other role [God status] I summoned the rain gods to lash loads of the wet stuff onto Knockmore [the mountain in question] for an extremely prolonged period. The masterstroke was the bolt of lightening to get it all on the move!!

There was another 2 landslides in the area [near Leenane, Co. Galway] at the same time, again no injuries but 2 houses were engulfed and filled to the ceilings. The road was also blocked for several days. The resale value of the houses has taken a backwards step, while the insurance premium has proved extremely expensive?

Colin