Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Fantastic! My mate has seen a couple around here quite recently, but it's a bird I've never seen. What an incredibly handsome bird they are.

They like fairly open areas, and do perch very obligingly on top of low bushes and fences etc. while on the look out for insects.

Here's a Wheatear from today,

img1457cfilteredix5.jpg

Went to take some photos at a local nature reserve the other day. I was engrossed in trying to photograph a black swan, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned round to see this cheeky chappy.

april11016.jpg

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Went to take some photos at a local nature reserve the other day. I was engrossed in trying to photograph a black swan, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned round to see this cheeky chappy.

april11016.jpg

John.

Good pic mate, thats not a HUGE chicken is it.

i like your pic in the comp. looks like a new wall or is it a repair job.

Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Good pic mate, thats not a HUGE chicken is it.

i like your pic in the comp. looks like a new wall or is it a repair job.

Fred

Cheers Fred

I was sat on a banking when he tried to get my attention. It's strange turning round to find yourself 'eye ball to eye ball' with a goose. :blink:

He soon fell out with me, and turned away, when he found I had nothing for him to eat.

april11017.jpg

The wall is on the Bronte Way from Howarth to Top Withens. It's being repaired in the odd place where it's started to collapse.

It's the first time I've actually made the effort to walk to Top Withens, but the effort is worth it. Even if the sign posts do lie,(It's the longest 3 1/2 miles I've ever walked!). But the view is great.

This is looking back across the valley, the way we'd come.

howarth022.jpg

And this is to prove we got there. :)

howarth015.jpg

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John