Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Footpath to Petham

DSCN4558-1.jpg

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I dunno.

The area was apparently loaded with largish nuggets at or near the surface at one time. One area is know as the 'potato patch' because of the number of nuggets about the size of an irish potato that were found.

The serious gold was found in veins of quartz though and the main mine is all 'hard rock'. I took my grandson on one of the guided tours. The shafts were enlarged when the mine became a tourist attraction rather than a working mine from the original 2ft wide and 5ft tall that the miners dealt with but remain at the same max depth of 50 feet required since they did not have pumps and the water table there is just below 50 feet. Google for "Reed Gold Mine" if you want more info.

hardrock-mine.jpg

blimey Newt forget fishing i would be panning ,the largest ever australian nugget was i believe found in a spoil heap (how the heck did they miss it :rolleyes: )

or a fleece left in the stream may catch some after a few months (where the golden fleece story came from)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

blimey Newt forget fishing i would be panning ,the largest ever australian nugget was i believe found in a spoil heap (how the heck did they miss it :rolleyes: )

or a fleece left in the stream may catch some after a few months (where the golden fleece story came from)

Not so, mate.

http://www.historyhill.com.au/Gold_-_The_B...;_The_Best.html

http://www.geocities.com/mrgoldnugget/

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Here are a few from a day out yesterday. We're finally getting some rain over here now so there were some great looking clouds around. Still got some sunshine too.

Normanville01resize.jpg

My little beast. Tommy the Toyo.

Normanville02resize.jpg

Normanville03resize.jpg

Normanville04resize.jpg

And a HDR. Not all that impressed with it though. Will have to keep trying.

UntitledHDR00resize.jpg

rb_getcreative.gif

love the pics of the hares slodger.

I was quite surprised to see them from the road TA, only a day or too before a mate had pointed out that he'd not noticed the hares 'boxing' this year. Just prior to my taking a snap the field was alive with sparring hares. They seem to be a month or so behind. It's quite curious actually, although we've probably had the earliest spring weather for years, I've noticed several aspects of the spring actually being a little behind their normal timing. I think it might relate to how dry the spring has been so far. Maybe the hares et al have inbuilt mechanisms to tell them that the fodder plants that their new offspring will be relying on are a little backward?

All good pics Slodger, but no5 is a cracker it could go straight into a bird book! :thumbs:

Thanks Peter. I took this distant shot of a Marsh Harrier last weekend, I'm hoping to get a little closer later today if the light is good enough.

MarshHarrier.jpg

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Some amazing wildlife stuff there :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Cannot compete with that lot but here is a record of my family day out today.We got the Metro around to South Shields.Here is young Snatcher and family

YoungSnatcherandfamily.jpg

Next it was the Roman fort and reconstructed gatehouse

Romanfort1.jpg

Romanfort2.jpg

Wayne and Lewis got in on the act

Waynehelmet.jpg

Lewishelmet.jpg

It was the park next

Train.jpg

Look out,young Snatcher is at the helm :rolleyes:

Boat.jpg

Then we called in for the obligatory bar meal and a few bevvies. The kids were quite happy colouring in :thumbs:

Barmeal.jpg

Lewis looks fair done in on the way back!

Tiredness.jpg

Right off to my shrine for a tube :drunk:

SnatchersShrine.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy