Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

I love that sculpture Julia, you've captured it nicely! :) Must be kinda spooky having that hanging about the area.

I've been trying to get a half decent pic of a Gull in flight for a while now, the buggers keep moving though and trashing the shot. I finally got this one the other day, not quite what I want, but getting there.

gull1oz.jpg

Exposure Time = 1/250"

F Number = F10

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

I love photographing Church's and old buildings for the architecture, here's a stained glass window on the inside - I love the light playing on the wall in this one.

churchwindow1uj.jpg

Exposure Time = 1/8"

F Number = F29

ISO Speed Ratings = 400

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Hi Tracy

I understand exactly what your trying to say. It's all about composition, the do's and don'ts etc...

I'm not incredibly good a explaining things, and with something like this it's important to get your facts right, so have a read of this .... http://photoinf.com/General/KODAK/guidelin...omposition.html

Hope it helps.

As for the sculpture, yes it's a permanent fixture. They have a few in Woking, including a lifesize plane!

Regarding my image, I prefer the close up but this is probably because I know the scultpure and have seen other images of it before. I wanted to get that feeling of the unknown, 'how big is it?' ' is it real?' 'what the hell is it?' :lol:

Bye for now - Julia.

Very usefull and simply done on that link Finpix, put it my favourites, its a bit late now to take it in properly, time for kip.

:ph34r:

gull1oz.jpg

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Come on Steve, pull the other one Speed rating:100, no way a gull does 100mph . . . :headhurt::lol::lol:

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

Guest Finepix

Taken yesterday on the way back from School.

The week before he'd been lying on the ground, so somebody had obviously hung him on the tree ...

Taken with the Canon EOS 350D

Model = Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL

Exposure Time = 1/25"

F Number = F10

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

lionb9lx.jpg

Edited by Steve Randles

Absolutely love the church photo Steve, you can't beat stained glassed windows and the effects they give off, brilliant. :clap2:

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Went for a walk this afternoon,after seeing the b/w pics ,thought I would have ago,Steve i did my best with the settings took 10 but liked this one best.

water2.jpg

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I think B&W works really well for the above piccy, excellent shot Judy. :thumbs:

I dragged the missus out for a walk on the Prom when I got in from work this PM, she wasn't keen on going because of the weather, but I convinced her it wasn't too bad - oops :lol:, and just to prove that Sea fisherman are all barking mad here's a snap of some poor fella braving the elements: -

Make = KONICA MINOLTA

Model = DYNAX 5D

Exposure Time = 1/320"

F Number = F6.3

Exposure Program = Aperture priority

ISO Speed Ratings = 400

prom.jpg

Edited by Steve Randles

I absolutely love rough weather, although preferably not being out in it. We have no curtains on our bedroom windows, we are high up so no one can see in and we have windows on three sides so we lay in bed at night and watch the moon, stars, lightning, wind and rain. Give me a storm and I'lll give you a romantic evening.

Great shots rabster and nurse judy. I have some nice ones of the Onkaparinga Gorge that runs from Clarendon through the hills to the Murray Mouth in South Australia. There is a waterhole that is quite tricky to get to, I can't manage it anymore. Ten years ago my boyfriend and I use to sunbake there nude, there were no tracks to get there, you had to climb down the cliff, so no worries about casual walkers coming by. There is a rock face with a huge nose that I affectionately named 'Dustin Hoffman' Rock. Couldn't get the scanner to work so these are photos of photos, sorry about the quality. The DH Rock is in the bottom left corner of the second group. These photos are of the same area, a tiny bit upstream, but taken at different times of the year. The top left hand pic is the same waterfall you can see in the top right pic.

OnkaGorge2.jpg

OnkaGorge1.jpg

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

This was taken in Devon On a Footpath above the river Lyn

Devonsky.jpg

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.