Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Hi Jigotai. Welcome (belatedly) and look forward to more shots in the future.

Cheers Westie, now I have my new camera I'll be sticking around :thumbs: .

Great photos Hellbelly. What lenses do you use as I have the same camera as you and am after some advice on which lenses to buy.

Andy.

Great photos Hellbelly. What lenses do you use as I have the same camera as you and am after some advice on which lenses to buy.

Andy.

Cheers Andy. I've got three lens'. A nifty fifty F1.8, a great little prime lens. Everyone should have one of these (and I think that everyone does). At 1.8, its a fast lens so great for low light and a very shallow DOF and its super value too at around $120 (Ozzy that is). Next is a wide angle 17-40mm F4 L. Another great lens. I use this for landscapes mostly but its handy for portrait's too. Very sharp (it IS an L) with fast auto focus. Its reasonably priced at around $700 (Oz). Last of all is my new baby. A 70-200 F2.8 L with IS. This is a fantastic lens and I couldnt be happier with it. Its fast (F2.8) and so so sharp and with the IS I'm getting lots of keepers. A little pricey though. Its just under $3000 in the shops here but I got it from the US for just over $2000 (thats including postage, tax etc etc). The IS is about an extra $700 -800 I think but well worth it. If I turn it off and shoot at 200mm I can see my heart beat or my hand wobble quite a bit. Turn it on and it's very stable.

Thats about as far as my lens knowledge goes. I have a mate with a 28-70 (tamron I think) and thats very sharp too.

Mick.

rb_getcreative.gif

That's a nice selection of lenses, it certainly shows in the pictures you've been posting. The 50 mm lens looks like one I shouldn't be without. My budget is £400 so not enough to stretch to the others lenses in your collection. One lens I have an eye on is the 17-85 4/5.6 IS lens, what do you think?

Andy.

That's a nice selection of lenses, it certainly shows in the pictures you've been posting. The 50 mm lens looks like one I shouldn't be without. My budget is £400 so not enough to stretch to the others lenses in your collection. One lens I have an eye on is the 17-85 4/5.6 IS lens, what do you think?

Andy.

====================

Yep .. Nice lens Andy.

I personally use a Sigma 17-35 for most of my landscape work, But I also have the Canon 28-135 IS for general "walkabout" sessions.

Both good lenses, and should cost around £220 ish each ....

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Anyone remember those recent pics of the cormorant and the pike?

Here's a couple of a Grebe..

200804101438021.jpg

200804101440534.jpg

200804101440533.jpg

Long range, poor light I am afraid.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

What a fantastic capture that is mate....not every day you see something like that and to be there to get the shot you have to be happy!! great shots mate even though the light wasn't right and the long range it still looks good to me!

Ollie

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

Yes a fantastic shot,right place at the right time :thumbs:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Thanks lads :) not quite down to luck, I have been filming that family since mid January, and now have a bout 25 mins of edited footage on DVD. Cost me a few fish though, best swim to film from has been devoid of fish for ages :) (Thats this weeks excuse anyway :) )

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

Where you from Dogfish? the weed is late (normal) in East kent this year.

Got the Nikon out yesterday, stormy skies and a couple of fabulous rainbows. Took this just as sun reappeared after a downpour..

pot013.jpg

Den

Edited by poledark