Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

I haven’t looked in for a while, but I must say there's some absolutely brilliant pictures on the thread since my last visit! I haven't done a great deal with the camera in recent months, but took a few snaps in the garden a week or two back on a boring rainy Sunday. I was quite pleased with the results considering the atrocious conditions and the need for flash. Same old subject matter from me though I'm afraid. ;)

titonrock2small.jpg

Starlingn.jpg

I quite like this crop from a bigger picture too.

Pikedenturesbw.jpg

Edited by slodger

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Amazing shot Mick :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Pip1web.jpg

Another (!) daughter shot, but it's so grey outside, I have to use my unwilling model. Getting to grips with my new lens - v. sharp wide open to my eyes.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Have not been out with the camera since New Years Day,my mates from our local the Rockcliffe Arms were doing a charity swim on Whitley Bay beach - check out these hunks :headhurt:

1-54.jpg

2-46.jpg

3-41.jpg

5-37.jpg

They done a sterling job and raised quite a bit money for the RNLI and a local charity.

After that we had the annual tug of war against the Whitley Bay Catholic Club,the Rock won 2-0.Fine specimens or what :rolleyes:

10-22.jpg

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

So what the new lense Westie?

SW

Hi SW

I'm the very proud owner of the Nikon 17-55mm. No more lens purchases for me for a year or three... So far, I love it. And oddly, you seem to get the best out of it using RAW!! Like you, I'm on the RAW nursery slopes at the moment, but nothing ventured...

Nice shots from your fishing trip by the way. The morning light can be fantastic. There was a great example yesterday (did I manage to get the camera out?? No.) - frost on the ground, grey sky but then the sun peeped through - the colour was an almost unreal rust/pink combo. I just stood there in complete awe of mother nature. Hell - it even made the pylons in a distant field look good.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

They call that the "golden hour" that magical time at sunset/sunrise that lights the world up with incredible light, in my experience it more like 10 mins ...20 at a pinch :D

But sometimes that light can produce some extraordinary results, almost surreal light, like this shot of mine from a couple of years ago demonstrates.

LastKnockings.jpg

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

They call that the "golden hour" that magical time at sunset/sunrise that lights the world up with incredible light, in my experience it more like 10 mins ...20 at a pinch :D

But sometimes that light can produce some extraordinary results, almost surreal light, like this shot of mine from a couple of years ago demonstrates.

LastKnockings.jpg

Steve...:)

Lovely picture Steve. :thumbs:

I bet only us photographers realise just how quickly the sun rises or falls those first or last few inches in the sky eh? I've lost count of the beautiful sunrises/sets I've missed trying to find a composition to do the sky justice.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'