Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Slodger i wish my same old was as good as your same old.

well done, nice and clear and great colours.

Cheers Fred

Aye, I think Chris is getting the hang of it! :thumbs:

A nice weekend in Blackpool and Lytham St Annes...

4557252108_7607ee6ed9.jpg

4551900724_abb22482ac.jpg

4553278291_00c71134f5.jpg

4551558218_b029184251_m.jpg

Nothing brilliant, but I just love my Oly! I'm pleased to say that I'm still mostly on manual...thanks Steve!

Janet

Nowt wrong with those Janet. I love the picture postcard quality of that last sea view shot with those gulls hanging in the sky. It would make a nice jigsaw I think.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Slodger i wish my same old was as good as your same old.

well done, nice and clear and great colours.

Cheers Fred

Thanks for the kind words Fred, but I think the diversity of subject matter on the thread rather puts me to shame. I seem to be obsessed with wildlife stuff in recent years. I will have to dust off the wide angle lens and see if I can get a few decent landscapes etc.

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Aye, I think Chris is getting the hang of it! :thumbs:

I've been trying to improve my technique with the widlife stuff Ayjay. What have you been snapping of late, anything interesting? Is the Lesser Redpoll an English bird? I've never heard of them before. Cracking shot though.

Edited by slodger

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

I think the diversity of subject matter on the thread rather puts me to shame.

...and I rather think that the quality of your bird shots puts us to shame also! They are excellent! I do hope you post more!

This thread is purely "Photo of the Day" - basically it's anything that takes your fancy - anything goes. They don't have to be technically perfect, and they don't have to conform to any set rules. It's not about composition, critique and technique - it's about showing pictures that mean something to you.

I find it fascinating to see what people post on here - we get the most random subjects but they are all interesting and I find that seeing them sparks off ideas for things to try myself. If it hadn't been for finding the photography forum on here, I'd still be snapping away with disposable cameras and I'd have missed all the fun I've had in recent months since I bought a "proper" camera.

For myself it's just pictures I've taken as I've been out and about. No real theme to any of them - I'm still very much in the learning stages with my Oly, so I'll shoot anything!

I'd suggest that you enter some of your images in our monthly competition (link in my signature). It only takes a moment or two to sign up and it's all very simple...I like simple!

We have some great photographers on here, but it's all been a bit quiet lately. Let's give the photography forum a kick up the backside and get it back to how it used to be!

Janet

By way of ringing the changes I thought I'd photograph the start of today's first horse racing classic of the year, the 2,000 Guineas, at my local Rowley Mile racecourse.

guineasstartpb.jpg

Guineas1pb.jpg

guineas2pb.jpg

stnicholasabbeypb.jpg

stnickpb.jpg

Edited by slodger

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'