Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

phes5.jpg

Spent a day with a mate flying a Goshawk after Pheasants a few years ago magic day amazing watching them ,Is it your bird Kevin ??

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Spent a day with a mate flying a Goshawk after Pheasants a few years ago magic day amazing watching them ,Is it your bird Kevin ??

No matey it was a friends bird....sadly the hawk is no longer with us...... a Goshawk on feather can be an amazing flight.

When flying my gos I only ever carries a small snapper to the pictures aint too good

No matey it was a friends bird....sadly the hawk is no longer with us...... a Goshawk on feather can be an amazing flight.

When flying my gos I only ever carries a small snapper to the pictures aint too good

I couldn`t believe the speed the Goshawk would achieve before slamming into the Pheasant ,The falconer was my mates work colleague [both MOD dog handlers] and they used a dog to flush the birds for the Goshawk .

he had a Golden Eagle that they were allowed to fly against Hares when the grass had been cut round the airfields but sadly it died about a week before we were due to go and see it fly ,It was a captive bred one i believe and she was massive .

Great shots by the way Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I couldn`t believe the speed the Goshawk would achieve before slamming into the Pheasant ,The falconer was my mates work colleague [both MOD dog handlers] and they used a dog to flush the birds for the Goshawk .

he had a Golden Eagle that they were allowed to fly against Hares when the grass had been cut round the airfields but sadly it died about a week before we were due to go and see it fly ,It was a captive bred one i believe and she was massive .

Great shots by the way Steve.

Thanks Steve

I have been out with Eagles on hares a few times now...however its the Accipiters that give me the buzz....the rurn of speed and the explosion from the glove is awesome...... I also hunt over pointers