Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

You got hiccups mate ? :D:D

It was taking forever to get my reply up and so i moved on to something else --came back and thought it still hasn't uploaded so did it again.

I put it down to old age. LOL

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

It was taking forever to get my reply up and so i moved on to something else --came back and thought it still hasn't uploaded so did it again.

I put it down to old age. LOL

It was just a "senior moment" Fred :rolleyes: I am having plenty of those :) Taking lots of photos over here in Drummore,must make the effort to try and post some up !!! Must sign off as the tide waits for no man and neither do the bass !!

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

And here's one taken from the Isle of Wight at a birds of prey display. Lots of shots of blurred birds (they won't fly by slowly ;) )

owlsmall.jpg

More to follow once I've processed from RAW > jpg and all were taking in manual mode

Rob.

And here's one taken from the Isle of Wight at a birds of prey display. Lots of shots of blurred birds (they won't fly by slowly ;) )

Rob you need a faster shutter speed to freeze birds, your 450D should be virtually noise free up to ISO800, which would have given you 1/2000th instead of 1/250th (@ISO100), f8 would knock that back down to 1/1000th but is likely to produce sharper pics than f5.6, (it does on my 350).

..........and if you think flying birds are tricky, wait 'til you try dragonflies! :o

Rob you need a faster shutter speed to freeze birds, your 450D should be virtually noise free up to ISO800, which would have given you 1/2000th instead of 1/250th (@ISO100), f8 would knock that back down to 1/1000th but is likely to produce sharper pics than f5.6, (it does on my 350).

..........and if you think flying birds are tricky, wait 'til you try dragonflies! :o

I don't want to freeze them, that defeats the object. F8 was chosen because I wanted to try and keep as get a depth of field as possible, and still keep a fast shutter speed. Agreed with the ISO setting though, didn't think of that at the time (doh!)

Rob.

I don't want to freeze them, that defeats the object. F8 was chosen because I wanted to try and keep as get a depth of field as possible, and still keep a fast shutter speed.

I assumed from your comment "Lots of shots of blurred birds (they won't fly by slowly)" that you would have preferred not blurred birds, obviously I was wrong.

Exif data shows that one taken at f5.6 not f8.