Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

A couple of shots from a pottery show we attended Saturday.

1-pic-of-show.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Started to fool around with my new Canon 20D .....

These are some of the first shots ..

Allow me to introduce .....

My Granddaughter ...... Emily Beth :clap2::clap::thumbs::yeah::sun:

Emily3.jpg

Emily1.jpg

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Cute kid and the pose in the first one is priceless. Tough to get good shots of kids when they know the camera is on them but that one is well done.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt and Mr Wiggly, great photos, would be good to see them in 'Members Photographs' but I suppose this thread gets much more traffic.

Newt, in that first photo, that thing in his hand looks like it was used to make the inside of the pot a perfect shape?! Is that right? I thought the whole skill of pottery was in getting 'near perfect' shapes by hand!

And Mr Wiggly, what a gorgeous child and she obviously loves the camera. I have 3 grandchildren but little Angel, who is 3, does not know how to smile naturally for the camera. It's her parents fault for yelling at her to 'smile nicely' every time, well how is she supposed to know what that means, it immediately makes it a fake smile. So we try and capture her unawares but I still think the best shots are the posed ones.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Newt, in that first photo, that thing in his hand looks like it was used to make the inside of the pot a perfect shape?! Is that right? I thought the whole skill of pottery was in getting 'near perfect' shapes by hand!

Unfortunate timing on my part taking the picture. The object in his hand is a sponge he had just used to soak up some excess water from the inside of the piece and it had retained that shape.

He did all the shaping with his fingers and hands except for some use of a piece of flat plastic to scrape off some excess clay to thin the sides a little.

The picture was taken about the middle of the process and the piece became a pitcher when he did some final shiping of the top lip. He planned to add a handle in a few hours when the main body has dried out a bit.

Newt, the second picture, bottom left, the couple are not supposed to be Jan and yourself are they?

The whiskers, and the lady holding a small black (dog?) :rolleyes:;)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Newt, the second picture, bottom left, the couple are not supposed to be Jan and yourself are they?

The whiskers, and the lady holding a small black (dog?) :rolleyes:;)

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Guest Jan V

the whiskers, and the lady holding a small black (dog?) :rolleyes:;)

Guys does look an awful lot like Newt - beard, mustache, balding and holding a pig.

BUT, my dog is a red dachshund and I never wear yellow (except when I'm jaundiced).

Guys does look an awful lot like Newt - beard, mustache, balding and holding a pig.

BUT, my dog is a red dachshund and I never wear yellow (except when I'm jaundiced).

So, it could be Newt but not you Jan...............I think you could be in trouble there Newt.

Some questions to be answered? ;)

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Not been here for a while.. usually just give them a passing glance, but the sun came out..

Mallardres.jpg

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic