Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Not been here for a while.. usually just give them a passing glance, but the sun came out..

Den

Nice one Den, Mallards do seem to be looking particularly colourfull at the moment. I photo'd one t'other day that seem to have a purple rather than green head, they (the wise ones) tell me that the colour of the head changes depending on the angle & level of the light. As you say, it's an often overlooked bird.

I was more than lucky capturing my POTD, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time, I just wish the right place I was in was that little bit closer.

57917030.BarnOwl_2903a.jpg

Great shot, Rabster. Is that a barn owl?

Liked the frog photo too, Bobj.

Here's one I took a few days ago in Virginia City, Nevada, near Reno. This town was built in the 1860's atop the Comstock Lode, a vein of silver ore 7 miles in length that financed much of the Union war effort back east. Most of the old buildings yet stand, and since people still live here it can't be classified as a ghost town.

Mark Twain started his writing career here, reporting for the local newspaper.

virginiacity.jpg

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Guest Jan V
Here's one I took a few days ago in Virginia City, Nevada, near Reno

So you've moved? You need to update your profile from Michigan to Nevada. Best of luck with the new job.

Not officially, Jan. I will be out there for good next week. Can't wait to fish Lake Tahoe with it's 100 ft. clarity.

~ Mark Twain

Not officially, Jan. I will be out there for good next week. Can't wait to fish Lake Tahoe with it's 100 ft. clarity.

Severus what's in there; Stripers?

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Went to the Victoria pub for a swift birthday pint :)

This guy was trying to get out of the Deben :lol: me and the mrs watched

him grind to a halt :lol:

Here he is, just turned round to go back home :thumbs:

deben.jpg

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Severus what's in there; Stripers?

Kokanee salmon, brown trout, rainbow trout, cutthroat trout, and mackinaw, which is what the Californians call the Lake Trout, which they planted in Tahoe in 1894. They imported it from the Great Lakes. Perfect match for them, incidentally. Lakers love cold, clear, deep water, and Tahoe has all that. Here is where I got the info.

~ Mark Twain

Well I'm jealous Severus, put some piccies on when you get the chance.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

nice frog pic bobj, is it poisonous? just wondering seeingz Oz has the most poisonous creatures in the world hehehe

got friends near margeret river been meaning to visit for ages but looks like i'm going it alone as everyone else is too scared of the poisonous creatures there hehehe..

severus - great pic. hey that sure looks like the wild west especially looking at those hills in the background.

poledark - wkd duck pic m8!

been sinking quite a few of these - the delicious beer of Mauritius 'phoenix'

17d87e4b.jpg