Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Great shots Peter, though if I were the lamb in the background on the first pic, I'd be a bit worried.

We took my daughter to Magna a few years ago Judith, a great day out, just wish I was as good with a camera, those pics brought back some good memories, I'm thinking it's time I paid another visit.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Rob_Zynevych_buefin.jpg

This 120.7kg Bluefin Tuna (thats 265 pounds in your language) was caught off Portland in Victoria on March 30th. The same crew fought an estimated 150kg Tuna for 8.5 hours before it bust off around the propellor.

TB, your huge Tuna photo brought to mind an old piccy of mine taken probably 12-15 years or so ago. I think it could be used as the bait to catch the bait to catch that Tuna, & the less said about the jazzy top I'm wearing the better, was was I thinking when I bought that. :lol:

wyreside1.jpg

You're getting too good with the birds Rabster, I'm going to need to buy a new camera if you keep it up!

Will you tell my wife or will I have to do it I? :(

Cheers Ayjay.

As it's partly your fault (& that Gillies because of the terrific bird pics he posts) that I've finished up spending over a grand on a new camera & an assortment of lenses, I think I'll leave you to tell your missus as I don't recall you offering to smooth things over with mine. :lol: Cracking shot of the foal BTW.

Peter - I hope you tried to rescue this fella before he was carried off by that Eagle?

DSC_0066.jpg

Great action shot & it looks a good location for a day out, that's going on my list of places to visit.

Great shots Peter, though if I were the lamb in the background on the first pic, I'd be a bit worried.

We took my daughter to Magna a few years ago Judith, a great day out, just wish I was as good with a camera, those pics brought back some good memories, I'm thinking it's time I paid another visit.

Wait till the nice warm weather as they have opened a new water feature outside ..the kids get soaked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

One for the girlies? - aaaah

img2144reduc9uw.jpg

Is that the beast of Bodmin in the background?!

Just had a great family day out at a bird of prey center just outside of Thirsk.

Ideal for taking shots of raptors when you can't afford those big lenses...must start saving up!

DSC_0041.jpg

]

Is that natural lighting?

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Is that the beast of Bodmin in the background?!

Dan

It's got a long walk home if it is.

Just another New Forest pony Dan.

Cheers for that Gozzer, I know what you mean, the lambs must be a bit paranoid having those things flying past. However the Sheep have more to be worry about than the Eagles, apparently the resident Horses in the field have a penchant for nudging the Sheep down the hill resulting in the odd roller!!!! :)

Rabster, I'm only 5' 6", Ben Potter the handler looks to be a 6 footer, so he can take his chances, I'm the one liable to end up in the eyrie as chick food. :(

Dan, it certainly was natural lighting (of a sorts) the Falcons were in a half open stall affair. The sunlight in one part came through & reflected off a wall. It gave the Falcon a lovely warm look, I'm chuffed that I managed to catch it even though there was little skill to it.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

pidgeon3ut.jpg

Turin Pidgeon? If you look closely at the centre of the window you can see the imprint of a pigeon in full flight, he lived to tell the tale, he's resting on the bench in the background! thats gonna hurt in the mornin!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com