Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest CJS2

Inspired by the flowers and all, I went outside for a poke about with the new toys 'Nikon 70s', 'Manfrotto' tripod with fancy 'Pro Head'. Put on the 'old' Sigma 70-300 macro lens (non digital?). Came up with these two that I liked out of a dozen. Sorry no bird, they dont seem to like my garden, tight old git that I am, dont put any food out for them :mellow: . . . Change me'e ways, off work tomorrow, Hazel is at the Hospital all afternoon, call into the pet shop on the way home :clap2:

Back to the flowers:

We have a pretty measly display of anything, but this sad bluebell looks very dramatic in a 'Hammer Horror' sort of way with a little 'PS Elements' casting :lol::lol:

bluebell.jpg

Perhaps the innocent little 'Primrose' will be a victim. . . :sneaky2:

primrose.jpg

I must say this new kit is getting me quite excited :bicycle:

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

Some more beauts added.

Bobj, you got the parakeet in a great pose, but I notice you were shooting at 1/30th sec shutter speed, you're going to need a very steady hand AND a very still bird to get sharp results at that shutter speed.

Right - off to work, have a nice day all.

G'day mate, the camera has "optical image stabilizer" But I understand what you are on about...The beauty of these digital cameras is, if the pic is no good, you can always delete it. An interesting thing, the camera will take pix up to 66x zoom in a certain mode......Brilliant :clap::clap:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

A couple of photos from the Cape Hillsborough National Park....A very mediochre day, freezing cold, well.....er 24 deg C ;)

Cape Hillsborough. Islands on the right are the southern end of the Whitsundays.

095821.jpg

A pretty-face wallaby on the beach.

095822.jpg

Edited by Bobj

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Getting the hang of this photo thingy ;):clap2:

This is "Breakfast".....

095841.jpg

The sand bubble crabs only grow to about 7 mm. This is the remains of a feeding session... Our local beach.

Mrs Wallaby, unfortunately, her joey did not appear.

095839.jpg

Spur winged plover.

095842.jpg

Tibouchina "Alstonville"

095843.jpg

Hibiscus "Sunburst"

095844.jpg

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

One I took today

"I'm not scared of you"

Imnotscaredofyou.jpg

And this one

"Pass me a towel please"

passmeatowelplease.jpg

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Glorious in the NE today, so there I was laid on my front by the pond feeding my fish Mussels.

Suddenly, the moss covered branches of my willow bush caught my eye & I had such a feel for some lush, semi tropical, crocodile infested scene that I dashed to the house for the camera.

Well It seemed a good idea!

dsc00050ya.jpg

:clap3::clap3:

It's hard to believe that was taken in the North East, cracking photo Peter! I hope one of the Crocs didn't get you? :huh:

Cameraman, you got that Polar Bear in a terrific pose, nice one! I think it would look even better with a bit more processing, I've had a quick go(but would really need the original file to mess with), do you think it looks any better? (I hope this works - photobucket seems to be playing up at the moment)

ResizedBear.jpg

As for my POTD, the fields are looking so striking at the moment I had to pull over & take this shot: -

oilseedrape_0505a.jpg

Den - I really like both of them, two superb shots!

Just one more from me from today.

Six months ago I'd have found it hard to watch these without trying to put some bait inder their noses. This was taken in a small pond, there must have been a dozen or more carp cruising around in it.

carp_0505a.jpg

Edited by rabster

Out playing with my new 75-300 lens today when I spotted these two in the crowd .... They made my day !! :sun::sun:

Happy1.jpg

Edited by MrWiggly

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Thanks Rabs, just trying to catch "the moment" :) used the 1.7 convertor, about 18 feet away.

Mr Wiggly, that is some photo, exactly what good photography is all about..see it...snap it...got it...

just got to add this...that is one of the happiest shots I have ever seen...thanks mate

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Cameraman, you got that Polar Bear in a terrific pose, nice one! I think it would look even better with a bit more processing, I've had a quick go(but would really need the original file to mess with), do you think it looks any better? (I hope this works - photobucket seems to be playing up at the moment)

Tried to do a quote but failed

Rabster, if you PM me your email address I will send the original, it only differs from the one posted in size. Generally i just resize and post without altering. I have about a dozen or so but this was my favourite. Unfortunatly i had just missed it feeding and it was settling down to sleep.

Edited by Cameraman
If all else fails, follow the intructions.