Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Interior of the dome of the Mitchell Library, Charing Cross, Glasgow.

mitchelldome.jpg

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Well the spider photo made me shiver as well as the thought of you scooping it up into your hand. I sure hope you told your wife that you put a hairy spider in her washing basket!!!!

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

I sure hope you told your wife that you put a hairy spider in her washing basket!!!!

I ain't got one to tell. Its my washing basket. Its OK its only a little orb spider. Can't bite! I don't think I could scoop up a huntsman in my hand ;)

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

God I must be an idiot, I thought Huntsmen were indigenous to Australia as well. I wonder if your Huntsmen look different to ours. I couldn't touch any spider no matter what the size.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

God I must be an idiot, I thought Huntsmen were indigenous to Australia as well. I wonder if your Huntsmen look different to ours. I couldn't touch any spider no matter what the size.

No your not an idiot, huntsmen are AFAIK only found in Oz. I have a cousin who lives just outside Perth and she has sent me piccies of them. I know that there are spiders in Oz that are more dangerous than huntsman, but now way could I pick one up. Too big.

Oh yes we are more famous for our deadly spiders and snakes than for our serial murderers. Wolf Spiders are pretty ugly and hairy too, they have shorter legs than Huntsmen but bigger torsos. We don't get the very deadly Black Widows in SA AFAIK, they are only in NSW, but the Redback Spider is all over the place, at least they don't tend to come into the house.

On another subject, I couldn't believe that they finally caught the murderer on Jon-Benet Ramsey, the little 4 year old model, from ten years ago. But now they are saying that his story of accidentally suffocating her with chloroform after raping her does not gel with the facts. She was strangled and beaten, but not drugged or raped. His brother says his only connection with the case is a morbid fascination with it. Unbelievable.

Edited by TubularBelle

Oh yes we are more famous for our deadly spiders and snakes than for our serial murderers. Wolf Spiders are pretty ugly and hairy too, they have shorter legs than Huntsmen but bigger torsos. We don't get the very deadly Black Widows in SA AFAIK, they are only in NSW, but the Redback Spider is all over the place, at least they don't tend to come into the house.

On another subject, I couldn't believe that they finally caught the murderer on Jon-Benet Ramsey, the little 4 year old model, ten years ago. But now they are saying that his story of accidentally suffocating her with chlorform after raping her does not gel with the facts. She was strangled and beaten, but not drugged or raped. His brother says his only connection with the case is a morbid fascination with it. Unbelievable.

There are unbelievable people born every minute. Check out this story. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5261186.stm

Mmmm. Hard to comment on something like that. I'm afraid I find the services as guilty as the Parent in a case like that. If they had acted early, perhaps the Mother could have been helped as well.

And then you get the ridiculous extreme of that where my Sister and her Partner seperated when her child was three. He took the child and she had no contact for 6 years until the father commited suicide. My sister has issues and caring for a 9 year old she barely knew, who most definitely has a particular personality, would have been difficult but she simply didn't want him and he has been in Welfare ever since. Now at the age of 15, no-one will take him and he is LIVING in a Motel. His room costs $90 a night, and so does the room next door that the social worker stays in. He has a Carer from 4pm until Midnight, and then another Carer from Midnight till 8am who then drops him to school. They have bought dinners every night. That's $180 a day for the rooms, about $320 a day in wages, maybe $30 a night for dinner, and of course he needs clothes etc and gets taxis to places. A minimum of $500 a day to care for one child while his 39 year old mother claims benefits and has never worked and has never physically abused the child, he was not taken from her, she rejected him.

Mmmm. Hard to comment on something like that. I'm afraid I find the services as guilty as the Parent in a case like that. If they had acted early, perhaps the Mother could have been helped as well.

And then you get the ridiculous extreme of that where my Sister and her Partner seperated when her child was three. He took the child and she had no contact for 6 years until the father commited suicide. My sister has issues and caring for a 9 year old she barely knew, who most definitely has a particular personality, would have been difficult but she simply didn't want him and he has been in Welfare ever since. Now at the age of 15, no-one will take him and he is LIVING in a Motel. His room costs $90 a night, and so does the room next door that the social worker stays in. He has a Carer from 4pm until Midnight, and then another Carer from Midnight till 8am who then drops him to school. They have bought dinners every night. That's $180 a day for the rooms, about $320 a day in wages, maybe $30 a night for dinner, and of course he needs clothes etc and gets taxis to places. A minimum of $500 a day to care for one child while his 39 year old mother claims benefits and has never worked and has never physically abused the child, he was not taken from her, she rejected him.

That's a real sad story. I'm really glad that when me and my wife split, we agreed that we would always remain friends. That was nearly 6 years ago and now we are better friends than we ever were when we were married. My ex has full powers of attorney over all my legal and financial affairs in France, when I am absent. I can trust her 100%. I just know that she would never rip off anyone, and certainly not her children's father.

You probably don't need to repeat my entire post if you are posting immediately after me.

God that is really trusting of you and thats great that you have stayed so close. When my husbands second marriage ended he was so distraught that I considered talking to him about reconciling, I still loved him. But he commited suicide before I had the chance, happens a lot in my family. :( But be carefull, my partner seperated 7 years ago (and is still legally married), they had nothing then but now we have a house. Two months ago he asked his wife if she would do the divorce because it was free for her and would cost us over $300 and she said, 'Of course Michael, you were good to me and I am very gratefull'. Then she calls up saying she has been making enquiries and if he doesn't give her an amount of money she would take him for half the house. And she will get something, theres no doubt, even though the split was amicable and fair. What if you remarry, could that change the situation between you and your ex?