Photo Of The Day.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest franticfisherman2
Frantic, that bike shot is crying out for a balck and white conversion or even a sepia one.Great shot!

Steve...:)

I am going on holiday for a bit so feel free to have a go at it yourself (or anybody) I'm going where :sun: but no fishing rods allowed! :( Back soon. :bye1:

Found 'Urban Sprawl' (decay??) in Shorditch, London on Tuesday. These are taken whilst waiting for my patients to come out of Moorfields Eye Hospital. They were all shot from the driving seat, whilst waiting at various traffic lights and congested areas. Get out of your car and start wandering around in that area, it will be leaped upon in 'seconds' by the 'Tow-away Trucks'!!!! B****ds! Picked a couple and put them in the comp., they made me smile?

Camera was my Canon S50 set to auto, wide angles most of the time, and then crop in PS to a picture.

London is not a pretty place, but does make some interesting photo opportunities, especialy off the tourist track, Shoreditch is certainly not a tourist 'magnet', :blink:

cranes.jpg

dancing.jpg

doors.jpg

glassbuilding.jpg

CJS2 Cliff :ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

I passed over the Humber bridge yesterday in my truck, which is unusual for me, its only the second time in over 20 years of it being open, which at a cost of £30 can you blame me, it costs just a fraction less in diesel and only takes another 20 minutes to drive round. It was untill recently the longest single span suspension bridge anywhere in the world. The weather was awful and there was no other traffic on the bridge, took these pics, whilst poor are the best I could manage from a moving vehicle. Thought they may be from an angle you had not seen before.

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Day out, purple plants in foreground are what we know as Salvation Jane.This is a weed and i think poisonous to horses,the gold colour is a canola crop just about ready for reaping.

Maitland016.jpg

This pic i havent a clue as to what it is,obviously not a chimney as there is no soot and a solid roof. Could have been a place to put the milk urns for collection as it is at the junction of two roads and there are no other buildings in the near vicinity.

Maitland013.jpg

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Day out, purple plants in foreground are what we know as Salvation Jane.This is a weed and i think poisonous to horses,the gold colour is a canola crop just about ready for reaping.

This pic i havent a clue as to what it is,obviously not a chimney as there is no soot and a solid roof. Could have been a place to put the milk urns for collection as it is at the junction of two roads and there are no other buildings in the near vicinity.

This was copied only today from a 4x4 site

If you are thinking of using canolia oil or linseed oil in your bio diesel

becareful with the oil.

This stuff does ignite spontaneously when it dioxides, so if you spill some and wipe it with a rag don't leave the rag lying around in the garage.

Over a period of time, it heats up and starts smouldering and catches fire

The 'chimmney' is probably a kiln for drying or smelting, unless someone knows any better. I've seen similar in Derbyshire and Scotland.

So pop the canola in the kiln and see what happens :rolleyes::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

Having a bit of a boring Sunday (no fishing!) so had a look out in the garden with the camera & found a lone Clematis flower nestled in amongst the Fatsia. Thought it looked rather nice against its backdrop of glossy green.

dsc0012dq9.jpg

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.