What Camera Are You Using?

Steve Randles

Is it a point and shoot or an slr with manual controls. Just trying to work out what your all shooting with. And if your camera has full manual control are you confident with choosing iso and setting shutter speed and aperture?

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canon Powershot A60 (but can't locate the dang thing right now). Digital and has quite a few manual settings available but I set it on auto and point-click. Only feature I really use is the optical zoom.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I've got a Fuji Finepix S3500, which is a digital zoom.

I just set it to auto and click away.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Canon S2 IS, which is a digical compact. It's got full manual override as well as aperture priority, shutter priority and fully auto.

I use aperture priority most (where I choose the aperture to control depth of field and the camera works out the appropriate shutter speed). Less often I use shutter priority (where I choose the shutter speed to freeze or blur subjects and the camera works out the appropriate aperture). I've yet to use the auto setting.

As for the ASA setting, I'm using this more and more, especially for hand held telephoto shots in low light. Peggy also uses this to avoid needing flash, as this gives reflections on her photos of paperweights.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Konica Mionlta Dynax D5 :D

They only thing I havent got the hang of yet is the those F numbers (aperture) lol. When shooting I tend to use shutter priority mode.

Joel

Edited by J.K

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

Olympus C3000z for "simple" shots, small and compact and very sharp lens. It has a certain amount of manual control but I rarely use these options. Shutter delay a bit of a problem sometimes.

Nikon Finepix 8800. Fully featured with just about every control you are likely to need and 10x optical zoom and ED glass lens. Very fast shutter if you "prefocus" and wait for subject to pose for you..almost ideal camera. I switch controls to suit the conditions and subject.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Canon EOS 300D with 18-55 mm standard zoom and 50-200mm Sigma DC zoom.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.