What Camera Are You Using?

Steve Randles

David - had posted a reply, but seems to have vanished ... hmmm.

No, Im not pro, just spend a lot of time with camera in my hand when Im not working. I do occasional press work, protrait work, promo work. I take my hat of to you been a wedding photographer, I do some post processing of shots for a local wedding photographer ... the pressure of getting the big day photos right would be to much for me :)

I mostly shoot landscape, my favourite subject ... and do a wee bit of birding, though my current lens line up not quite good enough for serious birding, am toying with idea of a 400mm next year.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gillies,

I know what you mean about the pressure, I had a card go bad at a wedding, wasn't till I got home and got the rescue software I could breathe again. Weddings can be good fun though.

I enjoy the press work more, especially when you go into a shop and see your picture on page 1.

I have a Nikon 300 2.8 that is good for some bird pics even better with the 2 doublers I have :D

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

point n shoot 4meg KyoceraFinecam s4

fishing is with a 2 meg Agfa easypix point n shoot they both share SD memory which is handy

Canon 35mm SLR 1000fn 35-80usm, 70-300 sigma (want to use it more)(really would love an upgrade to digi but cant justify it at present

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

I recently got a Kodak DX 6490 after reading quite a few articles/reviews. It is an SLR style of camera. Looks like one anyway. 10 x optical zoom and 4.0. megapixel. Well pleased with the quality etc of the pictures and after being quoted about 200 squid for it, I found a new one on Amazon for about 150 squid including postage. :D

I've not posted on Anglers Net for a quite while, but this photography section has caught my attention.

I recently (last week) purchased a Konica Minolta 5D DSLR, together with the 18-70mm kit lens plus a 75-300mm telephoto. I've not had much of an opportunity to play with it yet, but from the few shots I've taken my 1st impressions are good.

My main interest is wildlife photography so the 5D appealed to me because of its Anti-Shake system, which is very useful at low shutter speeds, effectively turning any lens attached into an IS lens.

I got this shot on Thursday (fingers crossed I can work out how to attach a piccy :huh: ) The shot is nothing special but I was impressed because of it being handheld at 1/10th of a sec shutter speed & full zoom.

chaffinch_moss1Small.jpg

Apologies if I shouldn't be posting images on this thread.

Regards

Excellent capture rabster! Holding a telephoto still can be testing at times, but thats outstanding at 1/10. Look forward to some more shots from you.

BTW, post your pictures wherever you want too in this corner of AN. :)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

At the moment i am using an olympus C4000z, but after going shopping with the missus today i decided to go and kill some time (whilst she done what women do) and have a look in the camera shop as i have been thinking of upgrading for a while. Anyway i got talking to the assistant in the shop and ended up coming out with a Olympus E500 which came with a 14-45 and a 40-150 lens, upto now i am still playing with it.

It was a close choice between the Olympus and a Canon EOS350D but i chose the Olympus as i have had a couple now without any probs and it came with a second lens, a free memory card and bag.When it comes to cameras i am not even a good amature but i am a keen learner and like taking pics :) so i'll be watching this forum with great intersest.

:rolleyes:;):)

Regards Paul Mc

• 2 weeks later...

D70 & I absolutely love it, it's my first digital & the immediacy of the picture taking, seeing all your disasters & triumphs - relatively speaking :o - within moments of taking the shot has me busting to take photo's at every opportunity.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Canon EOS 500N, used only for slide film nowadays,

Canon EOS 300D

Sunpak Flash gun(rarely used)

Canon EFS 18-55 digital lens

Canon EF 28-80 lens

Canon EF 75-300 lens

2 x Extralite off camera flash

Normally shoot in AV mode, and alter ISO rating to suit natural light rather than use flash. Print and crop direct from camera because I don't have the fainest idea how to use comp to alter images :rolleyes:

If all else fails, follow the intructions.