What Camera Are You Using?

Steve Randles

Pentax optio wp

fully automatic digital 5m pixels and water proof for taking on the Yak.

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you buy your 20d from Croix?

I will be ordering one at some point next week so you may save me a little legwork in finding a reliable and competitive supplier. :)

Have any of you guys got the battery grip? What do you think? Heard a few gripes but will buy one anyway unless you convince me otherwise.

Also, I already have Canon 35-105 and 100-300 lenses but fancy one with a wider angle for tight catch shots on the boat, any good recomendations?

cheers in advance :)

I have the battery grip for my Canon 300D and 20D - it really compliments the cameras in my opinion.

When it comes to buying spare batteries, don't go mad and lash out £50 a pop, I purchased mine from Hong Kong for £20 - for two!! http://search.ebay.co.uk//search/search.dl...title=canon+511

They last every bit as long as the genuine Canon 511/512 batteries.

The beauty of the battery grip is it has a shutter release button for side on shots - plus zoom buttons and rota wheel.

A must have in my opinion.

Charlie

http://www.NACA.co.uk

Charlie Bettell - www.esox.co.uk

Professional Pike Fishing Guide

Author: 'The Art of Lure Fishing'

Where did you buy your 20d from Croix?

I will be ordering one at some point next week so you may save me a little legwork in finding a reliable and competitive supplier. :)

Have any of you guys got the battery grip? What do you think? Heard a few gripes but will buy one anyway unless you convince me otherwise.

Also, I already have Canon 35-105 and 100-300 lenses but fancy one with a wider angle for tight catch shots on the boat, any good recomendations?

cheers in advance :)

Sigma 12-24mm - far better than the Canon 10-20mm 'EFS' lens.

Note: EFS lenses do not fit the latest Canon 5D - should you ever decide to upgrade to one.

Stay well clear of EFS lenses if you're thinking of upgrading to a true 35mm frame Canon - like the 5D or 1Ds MKII - or you will find yourself having to start all all over again (!)

Charlie

Edited by charliebettell

Regarding batteries for 20D and 300D. You can get them for under £8 from here.

However you may want to read all of this thread first.

Also have a read of these forums as there is loads of speculation about when the 20D replacement is due.

Edited by Lid

Regarding batteries for 20D and 300D. You can get them for under £8 from here.

Also have a read of these forums as there is loads of speculation about when the 20D replacement is due.

Good advice Lid.

For most of my angling photography worldwide, I use the Nikon F5 system with a range of lenses from 24mm to 600mm ED-IF. I also use the Pentax LX system with a range of lenses between 24mm to 500mm. (I take a second Nikon F5 as backup, but may also take a Nikon F80 body); plus a full range of remote infrared releases, Manfrotto tripod, etc.

For underwater shots I use a Nikon waterproof rangefinder camera, and also the Nikonos V underwater camera with a range of different lenses.

My main films are Fuji Velvia and Sensia. If I need digital, I make very high quality scans from the slides (transparencies) to turn them into digital 50MB or 100MB+ Tif files using a Minolta 5400 scanner. Plus a full range of remote infrared releases, Manfrotto tripod, etc.

For making lower quality jpeg digital files for the internet, I use the Nikon D70 (although do not use it for my serious fishing photography, as I get far superior quality images from the Nikon F5 or LX)

For fishing wildlife movies, I use The Canon XL1s or XL2 with a manual servo 16X lens (45mm-600mm zoom), wide angle converters (24mm) and Nikkor lenses (via an adapter) for ranges of lenses from 100mm-4500mm; plus a full range of remote controllers, wireless microphones, lighting, Manfrotto tripods etc. and underwater equipment.

Edited by GLOBE

GLOBETROTTER main website:

http://www.wildcarp.com

GLOBE'S GALLERY:

http://www.wilderness-photo.co.uk

New CARP 2006 CALENDAR:

http://www.pinkkipperpublishing.co.uk

EUROPEAN Website:

http://www.westerlaan-publisher.com

good link lid, the safety implications are something no one ever thinks of. i use lithium ion batteries for work, and if you think yours are expensive, my four batteries and charger came to just over a grand plus VAT :( but i know i can rely on them, and the chrager to A) peform well in all situations and B) not to develop a fault in the middle of the night and burn the house down

:rolleyes: ........... :lol:

I'm using a fuji finepix s5600 at the moment if any of you didn't know....lol i had been after a new camera for ages and that was my choice :D I'm very happy with the shots it takes even though I'm only using auto at the moment I'm gonna try get out at the weekend in some day lite and try some more tricky stuff!! hope to bring a few nice shots of my own to the forum :)

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album