new combo for xmas

tack4

have fished this year with fladen 12ft beachcaster and fixed spool reels (total cost approx £40)

am looking to ?upgrade tackle shore/rock fishing

possible budget £100 any recomendations how hard are multipliers to get used too?

have been told SLOSH 20 is good reel. :confused:

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Slosh 20/30 very good for rough ground work. You can find one for around £40 or so if you shop SHand.

Couple with a good semi-stiff rod £50/80 should see you up and running.

Multi's can take a little getting used to. Load your reel with cheap line until you get the hang of it. You won't regret it !!

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I would be a bit cautious about using cheap line. Some of it is vile and will cause you added problems. I would have a look at a reel tuning page, put in maximum blocks and thickish oil, maybe underload the spool a bit and give it a few cautious chucks on a beach. As your confidence and ability grows then you can tune it a bit lighter. It is wise to remember that casting into a headwind will require a slower reel than dead calm or with the wind at your back. I would always tune a fishing reel slower than a casting reel.