Float Tube Recommendations

Jim Murray

Will be acquiring my first float tube in the near future, which will mostly be used for pike fly fishing. Looking for recommended models, etc. and basically anything else I should be thinking about.

I know I will need neoprene chesties, flippers and wading jacket, etc. so any advice on these items will be welcome also. Thanks,

Jim.

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Jim

Couldn't really make give any recommendation as to models etc, but the last one I bought I bought from Cabelas, including shipping, duty etc etc it cost just short of £90. For a very similar one in this country it was going to cost me just short of £300!!

I believe it was a Cabelas own brand, but it was a good one. (Still going strong for a friend of mine after 5 years!!)

Edited by NickInTheNorth

Thanks for all the assistance guys. I'm really looking for recommended specific models of tube and associated equipment, etc. I'm based in Ireland and it'll almost certainly have to be a mail order job so some advice before I buy would be much appreciated.

Jim.