Ebola

Ken L

Hopefully it will work ,one year it only had 3% success rate ,i decline mine if its not garaunteed to work its pointless it gives a sense of false security.

I am now an official wrinkly but as a carer have been offered for a few years

Take 17-18 90% of the elderly were taking risks probably not avoiding ill people thinking they were protected

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/flu-vaccine-effectiveness-in-2017-to-2018-season

To stop the elderly getting it vaccinate everyone else and ofcourse close the borders !?! Can we "make" our own flu?

My wife and I got our letters to go down to get our flu jabs a couple of weeks ago. My wife had hers, but they wouldn't do mine because they had run out of the 65 years and over vaccine, so I have to wait until Nov 6th to get mine. I didn't even know there was a different one! I see it mentions it in your link, chesters.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

My wife and I got our letters to go down to get our flu jabs a couple of weeks ago. My wife had hers, but they wouldn't do mine because they had run out of the 65 years and over vaccine, so I have to wait until Nov 6th to get mine. I didn't even know there was a different one! I see it mentions it in your link, chesters.

John.

Yes the 'booster' bit ,probably some undetectable poison to kill you off lessoning the old age pension bill so we can give more brown envelopes to brussels lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes the 'booster' bit ,probably some undetectable poison to kill you off lessoning the old age pension bill so we can give more brown envelopes to brussels lol

I said the same thing at the surgery, the nurses didn't look too amused though. Maybe there is some truth in it. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Yes but as tragic as that story is, those kids were already severely ill.

The same thing has been happening with bugs like MRSA, Clostridium difficile etc for some time.

It's not just emerging diseases either. With growing antibiotic resistance, old friends are becoming deadly again. We have an increasing number of deaths attributed to "Sepsis" and a re-emergence of plague or anthrax could be just around the corner.

It's the emerging diseases that are likely to be global killers though. We dodged a bullet with Zika but a novel strain of zoonotic influenza or some unknown horror from a rainforest or melting permafrost could kill millions before e even have a chance to react.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Hi John, did you know you can have it done at any pharmacy now? No appointment required - just go in & ask, they all have a little private room where the Qualified person gives you the Jab. I've done that for the last 3 times (chemist then Emails your Surgery tell them you've had it done with them)

Your Surgery. will then know they can give the one reserved for you to someone else, so it won't be wasted!! It's FREE at the chemist just same.

That way you'll be protected earlier as it takes about 2-3 weeks to kick in!!.

I'm only nearly 62 so don't need the special 65 & over jab.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Hi John, did you know you can have it done at any pharmacy now? No appointment required - just go in & ask, they all have a little private room where the Qualified person gives you the Jab. I've done that for the last 3 times (chemist then Emails your G.P. to tell them you've had it done with them)

Your G.P. will then know he can give the one reserved for you to someone else, so it won't be wasted!!

Yes I knew I could get it done at the pharmacy Martin, thanks. I just prefer having it done at my GPs, I've always had it done there, and know everyone.

John.

Yes I knew I could get it done at the pharmacy Martin, thanks. I just prefer having it done at my GPs, I've always had it done there, and know everyone.

John.

OK John - I've just PM'd you with same in case you missed this, so please Ignore that.

Martin.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

As of 24 October 2018, there have now been 251 Ebola virus disease cases (216 confirmed, 35 probable), including 162 deaths.

They're really going for it with the vaccination program with more than 22,000 shots being given - and I very much doubt that Merck's V920 vaccine comes cheap.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.