Ebola

Ken L

Ken,

Today

""""""The death toll from the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo is continuing to rise. The outbreak started in August and has killed at least 319 people as of Monday, according to the World Health Organization. That's 30 more people than what was reported just last week. The WHO says there are at least 542 confirmed and probable cases of the virus. The outbreak is one of the deadliest in history.

More than a million refugees and internally displaced people are traveling through North Kivu — the epicenter of the outbreak — which could worsen the spread of the virus."""""""

Phone

Ken,

Today

""""""The death toll from the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo is continuing to rise. The outbreak started in August and has killed at least 319 people as of Monday, according to the World Health Organization. That's 30 more people than what was reported just last week. The WHO says there are at least 542 confirmed and probable cases of the virus. The outbreak is one of the deadliest in history.

More than a million refugees and internally displaced people are traveling through North Kivu the epicenter of the outbreak which could worsen the spread of the virus."""""""

Phone

Ebola is a pussy 400 kids a day die from malaria.

This is the latest high tech medical treatment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mFYdOWtsT4o

We um are going to frighten de **** out of dem mosquitos

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Ken,

Today

More than a million refugees and internally displaced people are traveling through North Kivu — the epicenter of the outbreak — which could worsen the spread of the virus."""""""

Phone

Yep, but here still appears to be large swathes of the area where it's impossible to assist or assess.

To be honest though the worry is how long it goes on for rather than the numbers. The longer it's in people, the bigger the chances of it evolving to spread more easily.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Steve,

I'm not sure that is a "good thing"? When chances of death diminish won't it be like AIDS? Ebola is an immune disease - isn't it? Won't survivors be lifelong carriers?

ALL questions = I don't know

Phone

Yep, but here still appears to be large swathes of the area where it's impossible to assist or assess.

To be honest though the worry is how long it goes on for rather than the numbers. The longer it's in people, the bigger the chances of it evolving to spread more easily.

WHO reckon that there is no evidence of viruses dramatically changing their method of transmission is it is unlikely Ebola is going to become anymore contagious than it is already https://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/ebola/06-october-2014/en/

Posted twice for some unknown reason

Edited by snakey1

WHO reckon that there is no evidence of viruses dramatically changing their method of transmission is it is unlikely Ebola is going to become anymore contagious than it is already https://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/ebola/06-october-2014/en/

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Steve,

I'm not sure that is a "good thing"? When chances of death diminish won't it be like AIDS? Ebola is an immune disease - isn't it? Won't survivors be lifelong carriers?

ALL questions = I don't know

It's not an immune disease in the sense that AIDS is - HIV is a sneaky, subtle beast. If HIV is like having your country stolen by people infiltrating your government, Ebola is more like being invaded by rampaging Vikings setting fire to everything they see. Ebola is very poorly adapted to humans, which is why it doesn't have a great transmission mechanism and just tends to obliterate the host in a short period of time.

But, yes, lower lethality would be a good thing if you caught it but would enable the virus to spread further (which is why it would evolve in the first place)

• 4 weeks later...

Ken,

Just keep coming.

January 18, 2019
There are over 600 confirmed cases of the virus.

Health workers in the Democratic Republic of Congo have a long road ahead of them before being able to clear the deadly Ebola outbreak.

Phone