Photograph Frames

Steve Randles

Actions are automated tasks within Photoshop that remove the drudgery away from repetitive processes. Making it easier and quicker to get work done. This action set will make three diferent types of frames for your photo's and are web friendly in both their size and clour space. There is also an option to sharpen your image slightly, and you can choose the colours of both the frame and matte. I've added some type to the pics below to show how they can look on forums or your own site/gallery.

one.jpg

two.jpg

three.jpg

Here's the action file.

http://www.cumbria14.eclipse.co.uk/actions...39;s_Frames.zip

The easiest way to install an action is to simply drag and drop it onto the action pallete in photoshop.

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Fantastic effects Steve and the frames really do add to the photo. Thanks.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I've never tried adding a frame to an image, nor have I used any automated tasks in Photoshop, so thanks for the brief workshop, I shall definitely be giving both a try.

I love the images BTW, especially the lakeland fells in the first one.

Cheers.

are they wooden or plaster ,hopefully they'r those nice fake bamboo ones ,mine come from jumble sales as the paper ones made from cornflakes packets curl :(

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

There are 7000 actions alone on the Adobe site available for free download, and literally millions more available on various sites right accros the web. Those who know how to make them do so to help automate thir workflow and save time.

Colin, on that first link there are some actions by a guy called Bud Guinn about three quarters of the way down the download page. His wooden photo frame actions have to be used to be believed, it was these actions of his that first inspired me to look into making my own frames and eventually actions too.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

There are 7000 actions alone on the Adobe site available for free download, and literally millions more available on various sites right accros the web. Those who know how to make them do so to help automate thir workflow and save time.

I use actions alot, it makes resizing images very easy, quick basic photo editing easy and adding certain effects take seconds rather than hours in some cases !!

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

for the brain dead could you please show me how to get to the framing bit if its in the CS version ,no good using words like

action pallete
'cause i'm a psp person

:blink:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters,

In Photoshop, on the right hand side there are a No of boxes. The one on the botom has three tabs (Layers,Channels and Paths). The next one up has two tabs (History and Actions), click on the actions tab.

If it is not there, you can open it up by clicking "Window" on the menu bar, and then clicking "Actions" there will already be some default actions in there. Drag and drop the frame action into this space and open your image you want to frame. Click "view" and then click "actual pixels"

Click on the little triangle next to the action in the action pallete it will open up to reveal the 3 frame actions, click to highlight one and then click the little "play" triangle at the bottom of the pallette, the action will start to run.

The first box that will appear is the sharpening and it is preset by me to do a very light job, click ok and the action continues. The next box is the first part of the framing and you will have two options, one is to continue and use the color set by me (white) or you can click "stop" and then choose a colour that you want, once you have chosen a colour click the play button on the action pallete again. If you chose continue you wont need to click the pl button the action just continues. Continue like this untill its run the complete course, I suggest that for the first run you just go with the default settings of the ation so you can see what it does..

Focal Planet