How Many Pole Rigs Do You Need

Ging

HI All

I was watching some videos about making pole rigs and i noticed that they all had trays and trays of pole rigs. Lots of these the same with the same floats and shots etc. What is the need for so many. I would of thought 2 incase one breaks is enough,

Thanks For Any Help On This

What if it's choppy, flat, windy, calm, clear, muddy, filled with bait-gobbling silvers, devoid of silvers, confident biters, shy biters, selective feeders, greedy fat pigs, bait restrictions, minumum/maximum hook sizes or hooklengths, zealous fighters, lazy defeatists.....there are as many reasons for different rigs as there are rigs themselves. You just have to decide how many you wish to use, make or even carry.

I'm not a matchman, so I'm alright with a handful made up or I just make them up on the bank on the day. I'm in no hurry.

A matchman type wants his rig there, ready to be clipped on/off as fast as possible with the minmum of fuss.

It's basically down to what you want to achieve. Do you want 5 hours of competitive mayhem or a nice, relaxing day without any pressure? Is a couple of nice carp enough or do you want a massive weight of silvers?

When you know what it is you want, you can decide how serious you take your rig collection.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

how many floats do you need?

chances are if i wander into a tackle shop i buy another 1 or 2! my tackle box is filling up with floats i rarely use!

its each to their own...dont feel, just because youve seen it on a video, its how it has to be done....but equally dont knock those that do it because its how they do things.

we all wind each other up about mud pig fishing, pole fishing, bite alarms, camo gear or whatever...but at the end of the day its all your choice and how you personally like to fish that matters!

:)

how many floats do you need?

chances are if i wander into a tackle shop i buy another 1 or 2! my tackle box is filling up with floats i rarely use!

its each to their own...dont feel, just because youve seen it on a video, its how it has to be done....but equally dont knock those that do it because its how they do things.

we all wind each other up about mud pig fishing, pole fishing, bite alarms, camo gear or whatever...but at the end of the day its all your choice and how you personally like to fish that matters!

:)

Im not knocking anyones choices in fishing and i banter with my friends about it all the time. But ......... i can only have an opinion and choice about which to use or how many if i understand why. If i have no idea the its a pointless opinion with no meaning. Im not copying the videos exactly but they are a starting point for me to learn.