New To This Site . . . Hi All

Guest Silver Back

Hi all . . . I'm a new boy

:) Well, well, my other pleasure (that I'm prepared to discuss! :rolleyes: ) Spend a lot of time on the sea angling site, recognise a few names, will be splitting my time, me thinks.

Been shoving a camera in peoples face for 15 years as a contributer to 'Radio Modeller', and all the Sea Angling monthlies although recentl exclusivly BFM. The advent of Digital has changed my life, its made me lazey in the photographic sence. I prefer to pick up my S50 point and shoot, rather than use the Nikon D100 which I love. Although I still use the Nikon when I'm doing a feature, it looks more profesional, and yet, because most of my work is oportunist, (thats the way I prefer, get the natural feel, sometimes?) the Canon S50 does a great job, certainly good enough for the magazine features I do, I use the S50 when no one else is around or on my own boat.

However looking at some of the great pics posted, I would love to do better. I like landscapes, and real wizbang on the spur of the moment shooting and those birds, wow, find the S50 OK'ish?, however I know the potential of the Nikon is being wasted.

I have some kit, weather its the right kit? A Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6 APO macro. Sigma 17-35 F2.8 and a Nikon 24-120 F3.5-5.6, got a decent Manfrotto tripod as well. Saw a mention of 'doubler tubes', heard of them but dont know much more. One feels as though one has stalled on digital. Tried a club a few years back, I can be a bit cynical, blue anorack types are not my scene. Any one got any sugestions?

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

Guest Finepix

Hello

Welcome to this forum. If you want lots of advice on images (especially nature orientated) you should join a site that I'm on.

You can post one image every 24 hours, along with an informative note on your subject. You will then receive critiques on your image, you have to take the rough with the smooth but it all helps you to develop as a 'photographer'.

http://www.treknature.com/ for purely nature shots - no domesticated animals or cultivated plants

http://www.treklens.com/ anything goes (except nudity :wacko: )

Anyway, no pressure. You can either post daily or once a year! It's really up to you (and they are free - always a bonus).

You are advised to leave feedback in return though, even if it's just a comment to start with.

Have a look. I'm called Runnerduck :)

But anyway, enough about that, get posting on here, either as a welcome pic on this thread, or the photo a day thread or you can even post an image in the 'Window' competition.

Have fun :D

Julia.

Hello

Welcome to this forum. If you want lots of advice on images (especially nature orientated) you should join a site that I'm on.

You can post one image every 24 hours, along with an informative note on your subject. You will then receive critiques on your image, you have to take the rough with the smooth but it all helps you to develop as a 'photographer'.

http://www.treknature.com/ for purely nature shots - no domesticated animals or cultivated plants

http://www.treklens.com/ anything goes (except nudity :wacko: )

Anyway, no pressure. You can either post daily or once a year! It's really up to you (and they are free - always a bonus).

You are advised to leave feedback in return though, even if it's just a comment to start with.

Have a look. I'm called Runnerduck :)

But anyway, enough about that, get posting on here, either as a welcome pic on this thread, or the photo a day thread or you can even post an image in the 'Window' competition.

Have fun :D

Julia.

Thanks Julia, sounds like a course I nearly got involved in a couple or three years back, but it cost an arm and a leg to register, a-a-andyou got a certificate at the end, wow! <_< Like your sugestion better, out with the Nikon, New Years resolution, and keep it :D

post-6273-1135109987_thumb.jpg

Looks like I'm going to need to work out how to post a full screen! But this is typical of my S50 oportunist pics, in me' car at the trafic light on the embankment 'head out of window, click' streighten it up on the computer when I got home'. Just a snap shot.

Guest Finepix

The Trek sites are really good fun. Once you've posted a few and have received some feedback you'll notice a sense of community.

There is also TrekEarth, but it's quite serious (I feel), but that's just my personal opinion.

As for posting 'full screen' just take a look at the 'How Do you' thread. It's all there.

:)

The Trek sites are really good fun. Once you've posted a few and have received some feedback you'll notice a sense of community.

There is also TrekEarth, but it's quite serious (I feel), but that's just my personal opinion.

As for posting 'full screen' just take a look at the 'How Do you' thread. It's all there.

:)

I've put the Trek sites in my favorites, as I say, dust off the Nikon kit, give it a go once I get into next week, glad when Christmas is over, I get so many photo oportunities around the marina and on my boat. :D