Good Stuff

maximo

following on from the 7ht thread about trash being sold under top name tackle has anyone got tackle thats taken hammer year in year out like 3 years minimum,i keep hearing about expensive stuff thats not up to the job.

head lights with 3 hour battery ,jackets that dont hold water,snapping rods,leaky waders.

anyways i only want to hear about the good stuff that takes a hammering but keeps doing the business.

heres a few.

zziplex rods.

conoflex rods.

oldham miners lamp

titan jackets are ok as well,if you dont mind velcro

Penn 525 mag!

As much as i do like Daiwa multipliers, ive had three that hav not stood the time test. In the same time span my 525 mag has kept going strong. Outliving two reels, and possibly a 3rd is some going.

That reel has seen some amounts of fish (a few PBs) and has been used/dragged through/hauled fish etc over some crazy rough ground and has been casting sweet since the day i got it! Had to change the magnets, but hey thats not too bad. The gears must be indistructable!

It may look like it has been towed behind an F1 along tarmac, but it still performs!

Tight Lines

Shaun

Chappers,

I do like the smoothness of the Slosh reels,but fishing in rough ground has stripped the gears bare on one and has semi-damaged another. Admitedly, i dont think there desighned for the kind of pressure that is applied to them at times, with the odd naughty trying to haul in a snag with mainlines of 30/40lbs or so!

The reason im giving a big up to my 525mag is; 4 years of this punishment and its still playing the game when it really shouldnt be! Its used as a winch at times.

Tight Lines

Shaun

ugly stik 15lb class which i have used for years.

this rod has caught 1000's of fish from whiting and dabs up to 180lb common skate and its still as good as the day i bought it( apart from a few scratches)

6500mag ABU still like new and it has taken a few tumbles.

titan top(smock) still going strong after about 7/8 years.

samalite headlamp. no probs.

get the feeling here is pay for quality then that's what you can expect.

ABU 7000 - had it for nearly 20 years - used for beachcasting and from boats, uptiding (and downtiding). Still going strong. And it was bought second hand !

DON'T PANIC

Guest Feels like Winter to me

SEan I assume you dont wind on a snag untill it comes out or snaps??? You wrap the line around your arm and pull ????

My old Ambassadeur 6000 -bought in 1973 after much saving. Still going strong now and never gone back yet.

Then my Amb. 6500c bought in 1981 - same as above.

Amb. 9000, again been used for boat work (blues downwards) since the early 1970s - taken one hell of a hammering on a daily basis on the charter boat (Dad's) and still like a Swiss watch.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo