Good Stuff

maximo

Guest Feels like Winter to me

The original greys appollo - Fantastic.

Daiwa slosh - ok. Bearings dont last long but are easily replaced.

Silcast line by the mile - Cheap but strong- a mile for 15 quid.

Ballistic Phantom - As cheap as £1.50 for 300 yards and has all the qualities of amnesia.

Daiwa sensor - A fantastic line.

Tog 24 windproof ballaclava - Worth every penny of 15 quid.

Peter storm thermals - Top notch

Ocean waders - Ok plenty of room but dont last forever

Your right Winter, but thats just me bieng lazy on the odd occasion. Usually when its lashing down sideways, i say stuff it and walk back till it breaks out. Sometimes when its really rough ground its hard to tell if you have got the fish moving or not for a good 5-10 seconds. You just have to crank like buggery... can worry about the reel breaking afterwords. Otherwise theres no chance of shifting them from the seabed!

Tight Lines

Shaun

Greys apollo mark 1 - superb

slosh30 - Amazing power squeky handles perfect combination!!

Penn super surf 35lb - Just superb

Varivas 2/0 extras

As for snags i do the same as Shaun, but if their is a fish on it, I treat it as though its a wrasse and keep backing up with the rod vertical to try and prize the thing out of its hole!

Guest Feels like Winter to me
Greys apollo mark 1 - superb

slosh30 - Amazing power squeky handles perfect combination!!

Penn super surf 35lb - Just superb

Varivas 2/0 extras

As for snags i do the same as Shaun, but if their is a fish on it, I treat it as though its a wrasse and keep backing up with the rod vertical to try and prize the thing out of its hole!

If u have a fish snagged up try it from different angles. Walking 20 yards left or right is often enough to free your gear from what it is stuck behind. If you pull on the gears then you will screw them in the long run. I wrap the line around my arm before walking back. If the fish comes free you just wind him in as usual.

My two Abu 7000's are 1973 and 1978 models. I bought them both second hand and they are still both excellent reels. You just can't get better than that.

I bought my 15lb class Ugly Stik with my first weeks wages in 1979 and it's still my favourite rod. Nothing else I've used has even come close. I replaced the rings with new fujis a few years back and that improved the rod even more.

If I had to throw all my tackle out except one rod and one reel, I'd keep an Abu 7000 and my old Ugly Stik.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I have two late 80s diawa uptiders, one ABO7000 of about the same age and an realy knackered 6500ct for my heavy boat fishing, for my shore bassing I have a 2.5tc infinityX carp rod with an ABU 5500C.

All my gear feels right to me.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

ABU 7000 - had it for nearly 20 years - used for beachcasting and from boats, uptiding (and downtiding). Still going strong. And it was bought second hand !

Similar experience with the 7000, bought first one 1987 SH, no idea how old it realy is. I use nothing else, have 6 to choose from, other than spinning for bass then I us a FS :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2