tree2.jpg

Entry No 2

Title: Reflective

Photographer: Steve Randles

Exposure Time = 1/100"

F Number = F11

ISO Speed Ratings = 200

Date Time Original = 2006-01-03 15:23:31

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wind prevailing

Taken 1.1.2006 by ayjay with CanonA95

an1f16616sa.jpg

Stubble and trees

Taken 7.1.2006 by ayjay with CanonA95

imgfrs17460mb.jpg

Hope to get back with something better, I know where the pics are waiting, I just need to get there in the right weather conditions. My ISP is also having problems and I'm back on a dodgy dial up at the moment, by heck it's slow and sometimes non-existent.

Edited by ayjay

Entry 1.

Mirror image.

tree_reflect.jpg

Happy Snapper - Cliff Raby

EXIF DATA

Camera make: KONICA MINOLTA

Camera model: DYNAX 5D

Date/Time: 2006:01:04 12:58:19

Resolution: 458 x 690

Flash used: No

Focal length: 75.0mm (35mm equivalent: 112mm)

Exposure time: 0.025 s (1/40)

Aperture: f/16.0

ISO equiv.: 400

Here are my late entries

the willow

sefton-park-willow1.jpg

Date Taken-07-01-06

Author-Paul McNally

Camera-Olympus E-500

Exposure time-1/25 sec

Aperture-F 3.9

Exposure program-Aperture priority

iso-100

Focal lenght-20.0mm

splinters

R.jpg

Date taken-02-01-06

Author-Paul McNally

Camera-Olympus 4000z

Exp time- 1/60 sec

aperture-f 2.8

Exposure program-Aperture priority

iso-100

focal length-19.1mm

The first one was taken today and its my fist time i have used the camera outdoors.

Not 100% sure how to get exif from photoshop to here so i just wrote and copied the main info below each pic.

;):rolleyes:

Edited by paul mc
Regards Paul Mc

"Standing Proud"

trees_01.jpg

By - Cliff Raby

EXIF DATA

Camera make: KONICA MINOLTA

Camera model: DYNAX 5D

Date/Time: 2006:01:04 12:59:34

Resolution: 685 x 455

Flash used: No

Focal length: 75.0mm (35mm equivalent: 112mm)

Exposure time: 0.020 s (1/50)

Aperture: f/16.0

ISO equiv.: 400

Closed for entries

But open for discussion, comments and other photographs taken outside of the challenge rules or period.

Well done to all, a poll vote will be started soon.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I am so excited, my 2nd, 3rd and 4th choices got in! How cool is that! My first choice was Steves 'Tree with a View', those colours. But I wondered if you would be allowed to pick two entries by the same person so just in case I picked 4. So Steve, are the judges allowed to pick two entries from one person? I also really liked the tree in the cemetary. Struggling with what to do for the next comp though, plenty of great ideas but finding the opportunities to capture them is going to be very difficult indeed. Still, excellent challenge.

Tracy.

GoldenElm.jpg

Here is what would have been my second entry if I had had the opportunity to get back there and photograph it again in the allocated time frame but I really wanted to show it as it is my favourite tree.

This is a Golden Elm which has been beautifully pruned to have just the one trunk as traditionally these trees have several trunks emanating at ground level and do not look this magnificent. They take a minimum of 30 years to reach full maturity. I absolutely love these trees and am so disheartened to see almost all of them trying to grow in crowded spots being terribly mutated by surrounding trees. If given the space to grow to their full potential they develop this most exquisite bulbous 'mushroom' shape. I have one planted in my front yard which is 4 years old now and if anything has gotten smaller!, I need to find a book or get the appropriate advice to be able to prune it to grow into a superfine exhibit such as this one. I mean, I don't even know if trees grow from the bottom or from the top!? Doh!! Anyway, just wanted to show you this beautiful tree and am very disappointed that I could not enter it in the comp.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

In my humble opinion Rabster's entry,Mirror image is absolutely stunning,a great shot with great imagination.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.