Photo Challenge #3 - Tree(s)

Guest Jan V

Guest Finepix

This was a really tough one, well done Jan on a great choice. I don't think I could have done it.

I think I would certainly have picked Blanks Tree People. I am really drawn to that one, although being a huge Black and white fan helps!

It's just an eerie intrigueing image, whats on the other side of the gate?

A great shot, but picking the final three is very easy to do when it's not for real :unsure:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great subject choice Jan! Its brought out some great photographs for this challenge. I know you have had a hard job picking the three finalists, I think it would have been the same hard job for anyone. I have some comments on some of the photos myself, I could probably comment on all but will limit myself to a few..:D

Phil Dean - Sycamore Gap

Great silhouette!

franticfisherman2 - Treeline

Again, nice silhouette and lovely sky.

peter mccue - Demolitions site Winter makeover.

This one is wonderfull Peter, I love the colours and "painting" feel to it.Somehow I think the fence adds to it

Finepix = The Birds

This is an excellent shot, well composed with movement from the birds. And the two trees, one in foreground and second centre botom drawing you into the scene. Made more dramtic by Black and White.

Blank

Two very atmospheric shots from you, as Finepix has already written elsewhere, I want to know where that path beyond the gate goes to... (but dont tell us!)

Ayjay - wind prevailing

Love this shot, did you get at it with a hedge trimmer? :) Great shape to the trees and lovely colours for such a bleak time of year.

Pass the biscuits - The old railway line

If you get a chance to reshoot this one, do it. Get dead centre of the pathway to get that "tunnel" effect of the trees fading off into the distance. Would make a great Autumn shot also, in fact I would visit this place at all times of the year.

Well done everyone , your really taking the bull by the horns and challenging yourselves...and its great to be part of it..:)

Steve

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

In my humble opinion Rabster's entry,Mirror image is absolutely stunning,a great shot with great imagination.

Awww shucks, cheers Medway, kind of you to say so. [insert blushing smiley here] :lol:

There are some terrific entries & my vote goes to Steve's "Reflective", which I loved from the moment I saw it, a fabulous subject very well photographed.

Two of my faves were in the top three, plus I also really liked "Tree People" and "The Birds". In my opinion, the standard was very high & all entries very good (in fact, a bit too good :( ).

Regards

Cliff

Most definitely WELL DONE by all. I was in quite a quandry trying to sort out just 3 pictures. Did want to explain something though. I realize Judy just recently won with her "windows" picture. I selected the 3 finals w/o benefit of knowing the photographer so the name couldn't influence my decision- as it should be. When I matched up the post# and poster with the photo I realized I had picked her picture. :o I debated what to do and finally came to the conlusion that if I elimated that picture just because she had submitted it, the fairness of my choices was gone. :wacko: Thus, we have Judy, Steve Randles and Hellbelly. Got luck to all and thanks for all the great submissions!!! :)

Edited by Jan V

Oh definitely Jan you should have kept that photo in if you chose it. I agree with you that it might be more beneficial for the judge to choose the photos not knowing the names of the people who submitted them and then there can be NO feelings of bias if one person does get chosen more than once as is bound to happen with such a small community at this stage. I have also been wondering if two entries from the same photogrpaher can be chosen in the one competition, because if I was judging this particular comp, I would have chosen Both of Steves entries as well as Nurse Judys. (trying not to be biased myself towards HB's entry).

Tracy.

Do not envy Nurse Judy on the next one, there is going to be a vast variety of entries.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

For me, the only pic that fits the criteria is Rabsters "standing proud".

As soon as I look at it, it says "trees"

Good job I am not the judge :) :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic