Thumbnail Tweaking - A 'how-to' Question

Newt

We are using an array of color swatches on our pottery site and I've just seen an example that has it done slightly differently where they used a small frame and a little white space around each thumb.

What tool can I use to tweak our thumbnails so I can assemble them with the same sort of effect.

From Here is what I want.

From http://www.janewt-pottery.com/site/1558910/page/45031 is what I have now. I do have each thumbnail so no problem modifying them.

Note - if the www.janewt-pottery.com link doesn't work, try http://www.traditionalpottery.com since we are having the domain name changed and it should happen sometime today or tomorrow.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I don't know the answer Newt, but wouldn't the *view page source* details tell you the code used to do it?

Edited by ayjay

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Newt

On that particular page the table properties include "cellpadding" of "5"

<TABLE WIDTH=600 BORDER=1 CELLPADDING=5>

All you need to do is add

CELLPADDING=5

to your existing table. If you need any further explanation let me know.

BTW what editor are you using for your HTML, it does not produce very easy to read code!!

Edited by NickInTheNorth

Thanks guys.

Nick - we are using a single picture rather than cells. The pages are so picture loaded I was trying to save a little bandwidth and there was less load using a single .jpg with all the color thumbnails in the picture.

Will certainly play with cells but may have to revert.

As to which HTML editor - we are locked into using whatever the hosting company has provided since it allows us integration with the shopping cart back end stuff. If you think it gives clunky code from where you sit, try coding with the dang thing on the front end. LOL, it works but it ain't easy. They have a new & improved release in beta but we haven't played with it yet.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President